Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Restoration Zed- Major step forward(photo update p6).

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Project Zed is here- help please

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:30 pm Standard seats
Pull up the headrest and there is a T20 screw in the top edge of the guide.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:40 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm
Amazing thank you- any advice on the plug connection under the seat please?
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:46 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:40 pm
Amazing thank you- any advice on the plug connection under the seat please?
Obviously battery off first.
Unbolt the seat and tip it back for access.
The yellow plug has a black slider on it. You may need a screwdriver under the end of it to start it moving, then simply pull it straight out from the side of the plug. It doesn't detach completely, but as it moves over it slides the plug out of the socket.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:15 pm

T10 I think

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:52 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:15 pm
T10 I think
Did one this morning. Sure it was 20 but I don’t look really, just judge it by eye

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:52 pm
bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:15 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm Pull up the headrest and there is a T20 screw in the top edge of the guide.
T10 I think
Did one this morning. Sure it was 20 but I don’t look really, just judge it by eye
Thanks both- figured it out in the end- just had to push a lot harder on the black clip than felt right!
Airbag light is back On- code says both sat modules and srs have wrong chassis number. Hoping it’s due to a low battery rather than an actual issue?!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:31 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:52 pm
bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:15 pm T10 I think
Thanks both- figured it out in the end- just had to push a lot harder on the black clip than felt right!
Airbag light is back On- code says both sat modules and srs have wrong chassis number. Hoping it’s due to a low battery rather than an actual issue?!
Was the airbag light on before? Or has someone been in changing modules in the past?

EWS Delete PM me

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:34 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:31 pm
paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:52 pm Did one this morning. Sure it was 20 but I don’t look really, just judge it by eye
Was the airbag light on before? Or has someone been in changing modules in the past?
The light was on with the same error but did clear and stay off until today. Can’t see someone having changed several modules?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:35 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:34 pm
bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:31 pm
paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm Thanks both- figured it out in the end- just had to push a lot harder on the black clip than felt right!
The light was on with the same error but did clear and stay off until today. Can’t see someone having changed several modules?
Given that the left and right feed back to the centre one, is it worth checking actual vin held in each module using INPA for example?

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:36 pm

Battery could cause issues so rule that out and go from there

Use inpa to read the vin stored in each module to check?

EWS Delete PM me

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Where/how would I download INPA please?

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:24 pm

I bought the cable and full suite of inpa/winkfp etc from bcables

Have a google

Or buy a cable from Amazon and download from bimmertools.com

EWS Delete PM me

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:16 pm

Found the leak in the boot- coming from round the light and into the boot- next on the fox list. For the interior leaks any further ideas- the carpets are wet underneath but the roof drain plugs are clear and the door membranes seem fine. My thoughts are wondering if water could have been let in from rain and just needs to dry out?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:30 am

paddy wright wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:16 pm Found the leak in the boot- coming from round the light and into the boot- next on the fox list. For the interior leaks any further ideas- the carpets are wet underneath but the roof drain plugs are clear and the door membranes seem fine. My thoughts are wondering if water could have been let in from rain and just needs to dry out?
Even if the membranes look perfect it is a common issue for them to lift from the panel. Bottom edge, about six inches back from the front corner, the metal work dips in and the membrane parts from it. Check there just in case.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:40 am

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:30 am
paddy wright wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:16 pm Found the leak in the boot- coming from round the light and into the boot- next on the fox list. For the interior leaks any further ideas- the carpets are wet underneath but the roof drain plugs are clear and the door membranes seem fine. My thoughts are wondering if water could have been let in from rain and just needs to dry out?
Even if the membranes look perfect it is a common issue for them to lift from the panel. Bottom edge, about six inches back from the front corner, the metal work dips in and the membrane parts from it. Check there just in case.
I’ll take a look this week. Hopefully it’s a simple fix, thanks again for helping.