Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

new member/first post

First port of call for new members
hamiltot

new member/first post

Post by hamiltot » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:01 pm

She was right...told me I needed to sell my 76 MG Midget and 78 MGB and get something that worked all the time. Posted them on FB marketplace and they both sold within a week giving me the opportunity to purchase a 2004 Z4. Yes, I told her she was right. It has less than 80K on it and seems to run very well. Just a couple of issues I was hoping to hear from you on regarding the on board computer as well as a leak in the hydraulic hose on the soft top.
the top works fine manually but there is a leak somewhere between the relocated motor (in the trunk) and the top. the motor runs when told to but won't lift. after several hydraulic fluid refills I notice a nice little puddle of fluid on the ground on the drivers side. I am assuming when the pump was relocated that it severed a hose or that a connection to the actuator is not snug. I am fine with a manual lift and tuck to take the top down and back but would prefer to get it fixed in the long run. I haven't seen any youtube videos that deal with the hydraulic hose repair so any recommendations are appreciated.
The on board computer has four dashes under the odomoter/trip. I have tried resetting it and can get it to the point to where it says reset and eventually "end". When I take the key out and start again the dashes remain and it seems as if nothing has changed. Thinking that maybe I missed a step somewhere in buttonology for this thing.
I look forward to hearing from you folks.
Attachments
z4 back.JPEG
z4 back.JPEG (326.91 KiB) Viewed 210 times
z4 front.JPEG
z4 front.JPEG (272.91 KiB) Viewed 210 times

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

new member/first post

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:11 pm

Welcome to the forum and Z4 ownership. :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't help with your roof problem but there are a few people here in the UK who have become well versed in sorting them out - hopefully one of them will read your post and have some advice.

Sadly I can't help with your other problem either - when I rest the trip on mine I just use the button by the speedo.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jock156

new member/first post

Post by jock156 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:15 pm

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

new member/first post

Post by Zedebee » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:31 pm

Hi welcome aboard. If the trip odo has four dashes, it means it has been reset. You just need to drive it and the miles will clock up.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Beatman

new member/first post

Post by Beatman » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.

Doddsy

new member/first post

Post by Doddsy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello and welcome. Nice looking Z :thumbsup:
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

new member/first post

Post by paddy wright » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:35 pm

Welcome- nice Z. The trip is reset, possibly from having a a flat battery- get out for a run and see if it goes up.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!