Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter workhorse + Health update

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:23 pm

Beedub wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 pm just read this and my heart sank....... i don't visit the site much now days and this post resinated.

having come through stage 3 cancer ( please god let this continue ) i read this with utter sadness. A completely cruel disease that just put so many through pure and utter pain. Just wanted to say your in my thoughts and you are a warrior. ANYTHING is possible, i don't even need to tell you, as i know your doing this, KEEP fighting the good fight! LOTS of love from me.
I remember your post of getting through and an all clear.

Today i am 1000 times more in awe. Most excellent ! :thumbsup:
Last edited by N4LLY on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 pm

So sad to read of the latest news Sean, but it sounds you are getting great treatment.

Wishing you all the best. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:21 am

my thoughts and prayers are with you N4LLY. Stay strong

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 am

Can completely sympathise when having to wear a mask, my mum had to wear one when in critical care for 5 days for pretty much 24hrs a day. It wasn't much different to a fighter pilots mask, pretty dreadful to wear continously. Not great if you're clostraphobic.

Your upbeat nature is a credit to you, best wishes in you're continued treatment :thumbsup:

Tim.

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 am

N4LLY wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:45 pm any other suggestions
Take up fencing ?? :)
Attachments
Fencing.jpg
Fencing.jpg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

ekimj10

Post by ekimj10 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:09 pm

Hi Sean, just catching up after an emergency ambulance trip to local hospital due to massive sudden upper chest pains, one of the senior palliative team thought it might be 'pulmonary embolism' (blood clot to us mortals) on the lung, so Xray and tests and then kept in for a scan.
Finally released yesterday after anti biotics and I'm on 2.5ml of morphine every 2 hours for log as the pain persists, plus a dose of slow release morphine tablets, twice a day.
Finally advised pain is caused by a fractured sternum caused by the cancer??
Next stage is radiotherapy for one trip only and the wait and see.
Brilliant to see your upbeat positive attitude is still there, I think you are coping exceptionally well and it helps me in a way.
2.2R Toledo Blue

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:54 pm

ekimj10, Holy crap mate ! Knockbacks are deffinately not welcome :(
Keep us posted, please :) :thumbsup:

Pointing out as surprised no one picked up on it,,,,,

I had all my teeth out and a tummy feeding tube inserted, both for the benefit and in preparation
of Raiotherapy, which i am not having any more now :rofl: Went through all that for nothing it seems :roll:
Dental team have been contacted and informed. I have Nutrition nurse visiting tomorrow, she want to change the water
in the ballon in my stomach. I will ask her what happens now.

What ever next ? :roll: Oh ! wait......

European head of HR called yesterday afternoon to get update from the hospital meeting, was accompanied
by the UK operations manager, odd. Told them the rubbish news which had poor HR lady in tears :(
They then went on to tell me that they were oblidge to offer me "Voluntary redundany" :tumbleweed:
Due to some sort of restructure in operations only 4 places to be dropped.

If i apply i doubt i will be accepted just from monitory reasons alone. Having done 17 years i would max out at the
capped set limit. Being in the situation i am today, i am thinking it would be wise to take it. :?

What ever next ? Standby :rofl:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:03 pm

Having your teeth removed for Radiotherapy that you can't now have sucks. :(

If you can make the maths work taking voluntary redundancy why not take it? That will be one less thing to stress about.

Terrible news from ekjim10 too so best wishes to you both. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:54 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:03 pm Having your teeth removed for Radiotherapy that you can't now have sucks. :(
:rofl: I see what you done there, very good Iian. :lol:

Got a call this afternoon, appointment booked with the dental team 8th April :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:11 am

Sean....you are an inspiration to me. I wish I had your upbeat nature.

I wish you all the very best. If it helps, my best friend has the same attitude to life as you and he beat terminal Hodgkin's Lymphoma. That was 10 years ago and is still as silly as ever. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Sean, if you fancy a blast out in a zed let me know. Not too far away to help out.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 am

Apologise for no update. Been under the weather with the Radiotheraphy disaster
and return to Chemo'

X3 & Z4:

Not being used enough. Should do DIY servicing to both but cannot russle up the energy.
Will have to book into the garage at the end of the road, they are very good to be fair.

Health:

Not good.
Returned to Chemotheraphy on Friday. The weekend was OK, they gave me some steroids for couple of days
which seemed to do the trick ?? Will ask for those again.
Monday, absolute S*ite, all the pain is back. Tongue, Throat, neck and earache is back. Painkillers not doing much.
This morning up at 0130 Hrs and been stumbling about. That 2 nights now with just 2 hours. I had been getting
sleep back up to 6 - 7 hours :(

Wednesday:

Pre-chemo check up then followed up with a new PICC line being inserted.
This is the tube that runs from arm to chest to administer the Chemo and any other drugs without
constant needles and injections

Thursday:

Visit to the "Swallow nurse".
Recently jaw has been almost locked closed, i need to acheive 4.5 CM aperture (3 fingers) for the dental team to take
me on for reconstruction. "So this is very important." Excersizing the jaw is very painful so seeking advise.

Friday:

Next dose of Chemotheraphy. Round and round we go.

Future outlook:

Put in for the Voluntary redundancy. Which has been accepted (Just need in writing which i will get tomorrow) :thumbsup:
So 46 years in international freight and this will be the first time sinse i started at 16 that not employed and with no income, will be strange.

Working on the premis that i will never get to draw a pension that will support me and that i need to only look at short term options.
Looking forward to the better weather, face full of teeth, a stable routine and not much else :D

Target: Getting to Zedfest (North) in August :) :driving:

Have Chemo' brain fog so sure have fogotten something :?

Laters 8)

RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:05 am

sorry to hear that you have not been feeling great N4lly. Disappointed i wont be at ZedFest to meet someone who is very inspirational in his attitude, keep fighting.

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:48 am

N4LLY wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 am Visit to the "Swallow nurse".
Oh dear Sean you have sent my mind wandering to places it shouldn`t with those two words . Hope they get you stable again .
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 pm

Stay positive mate, what you achieved before you can again.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White