Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Z4 virgin looking for a good six cylinder manual.

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
rlavvy

Z4 virgin looking for a good six cylinder manual.

Post by rlavvy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:18 am

As described in the title I am keen to buy a straight six manual Z4.
My budget is not great and I looking at less than 4K.
Hopefully I will find something solid and in good condition.

Hopefully someone is thinking of selling or can point me to a known car at a dealers or on an online site.

Thanks guys and gals.

deltasierra

Post by deltasierra » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:32 am

At £3-4k you will find a good E85 2.5 manual with not too many miles on the clock, be choosy about condition and service history, watch out for cars that have been written off - Cat N or S, make sure the hood works correctly and the engine is silky smooth, lots of electronics in these cars so check everything else works.

Unitedleeds1919

Post by Unitedleeds1919 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:41 am

deltasierra wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:32 am At £3-4k you will find a good E85 2.5 manual with not too many miles on the clock, be choosy about condition and service history, watch out for cars that have been written off - Cat N or S, make sure the hood works correctly and the engine is silky smooth, lots of electronics in these cars so check everything else works.
I’m not trying to be clever or start a debate but a cat n/s old cat d absolutely never had a problem had a ducati and a lovely tt that both came as complete bargains and were faultless, just cosmetic damage can result in n/s category these insurance companies are bonkers when it comes to write offs, many many people get cars, bikes, vans at crazy prices admittedly better to have pictures of the damage to study first as some cat s stuff should be liquidised.

Just my opinion and fully understand people not wanting the stigma of a cat vehicle and I definitely struggled selling my tt despite having over £2k of recaros yes I was bonkers not to swap them out as those seats are appreciating even now :rofl:

deltasierra

Post by deltasierra » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:57 am

Unitedleeds1919 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:41 am
deltasierra wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:32 am At £3-4k you will find a good E85 2.5 manual with not too many miles on the clock, be choosy about condition and service history, watch out for cars that have been written off - Cat N or S, make sure the hood works correctly and the engine is silky smooth, lots of electronics in these cars so check everything else works.
I’m not trying to be clever or start a debate but a cat n/s old cat d absolutely never had a problem had a ducati and a lovely tt that both came as complete bargains and were faultless, just cosmetic damage can result in n/s category these insurance companies are bonkers when it comes to write offs, many many people get cars, bikes, vans at crazy prices admittedly better to have pictures of the damage to study first as some cat s stuff should be liquidised.

Just my opinion and fully understand people not wanting the stigma of a cat vehicle and I definitely struggled selling my tt despite having over £2k of recaros yes I was bonkers not to swap them out as those seats are appreciating even now :rofl:
You are absolutely correct, at a lower price a written off car can be a good buy as long as you know what you are buying

plenty

Post by plenty » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:07 am

deltasierra wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:57 am
You are absolutely correct, at a lower price a written off car can be a good buy as long as you know what you are buying
And if you are prepared to have a hard time selling it when the time comes.

rlavvy

Post by rlavvy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:55 am

I am not planning on a Cat N or S. Might consider a Cat N if I was satisfied the original problem was minor and the remedial work was excellent.
The problem with accident damaged cars (I appreciate some are written off for trivial or cosmetic reasons) is that anything slightly misaligned or bent can create unusual rust traps, rattles and as stated earlier they can be difficult to sell.

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:40 pm

rlavvy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:18 am As described in the title I am keen to buy a straight six manual Z4.

Hopefully someone is thinking of selling or can point me to a known car at a dealers or on an online site.

Thanks guys and gals.
Hi Riavvy, have you seen my Zed for sale, it’s higher than your budget but have a look and see what you think.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:36 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

This is a good place to look as forum members tend to give their cars plenty of TLC.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Z4JAY

Post by Z4JAY » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:44 pm

rlavvy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:18 am As described in the title I am keen to buy a straight six manual Z4.

Thanks guys and gals.
I have a 3.0i up for sale a little over 4k. Might be worth a look even if just for reference.
E85 3.0i Titanium Silver