Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spark plugs & ignition coils

Badforgood

Post by Badforgood » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:16 pm

I need to change 2 of the ignition coils on my E89 Z4 3.0 year 2010 so I figured I would be as well to change the plugs while I'm there and got a quote from my local BMW dealer, the quote for the 6 plugs was £150.00. I didn't get a quote for the coils as he asked me to look and see what ones were already fitted but if it's £150.00 for 6 plugs I hate to think how much they're going to charge me for an ignition coil.

The question is, I checked with Euro parts and I can get a set of plugs and 2 coils for £135.00, is there any reason why I should bye from the dealer as opposed to Euro parts, will the cheaper parts work on my car or will they give some kind of problem?

Thank you in advance to any one who can help.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 pm

Have a look on AUTODOC, Delphi coils are around £20/£25 each, Bosch plugs are around £10 each, don’t mess around just changing 2 as the others a likely to fail soon, just bite the bullet and change all 6
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:17 pm

Chippie wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 pm Have a look on AUTODOC, Delphi coils are around £20/£25 each, Bosch plugs are around £10 each, don’t mess around just changing 2 as the others a likely to fail soon, just bite the bullet and change all 6
Sound advice :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: