Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clearing error codes

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Orlandovjc1

Clearing error codes

Post by Orlandovjc1 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:27 am

I have installed new front shocks that are non-adaptive and am getting an error code on start up (picture of a shock) and also I'm having the rack and pinion replaced this week and have an error for that as well (so I don't know if it will still be there after the rack is replaced).

I bought a veepaeak OBDCheck BLE and don't know whether to use Bimmercode or Bimmerlink to remove the errors - and also I've seen things that say do the coding (with bimmercode) with the engine on and other saying no leave it off and put it on a charger...

Any assistance is appreciated.

smorris_12

Clearing error codes

Post by smorris_12 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:24 am

Clearing errors is the work of a second, the only reason to hook up a charger would be if the battery is on its last legs.

If I'm feeling paranoid, or re-coding or fully rewriting an ECU, then I'll make sure the inside light and climate fan are both off first as they take longer.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

Chippie

Clearing error codes

Post by Chippie » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:38 am

To clear fault codes you shouldn’t need to hook up a charger, However you are going to have to reprogram certain modules to remove the adaptive suspension monitoring and for that you would be wise to have it hooked up to a battery charger, preferably overnight before you start coding, when coding have the ignition on but engine off, also turn off lights, heater etc, you wouldn’t want to battery to die whilst writing the new coding.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Orlandovjc1

Clearing error codes

Post by Orlandovjc1 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:53 pm

okay, thanks... do you know a tutorial for removing the monitoring? I just thought it was unchecking it on bimmercode (haven't used it yet, but that's what it looked like in the "beginner's for bimmercode" video.

Chippie

Clearing error codes

Post by Chippie » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:06 pm

E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather