Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Passenger Window Half opens after closure

obelix54

Post by obelix54 » Mon May 29, 2023 3:09 pm

On a few occasions when closing the roof or just shutting all 4 windows, the passenger main window will come back down about 1/3 once all 4 have gone up. Has anyone had this and know what causes it ?
2009 BMW Z4 3.0
2014 BMW X3 (F25)
2023 Mini Electric

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 29, 2023 4:18 pm

Anti trap. To prevent it catching someone’s fingers. Sometimes due to a bit of muck in the runner or simply a hot day making things expand a bit, when the motor senses resistance it backs off.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

DonDon

Post by DonDon » Mon May 29, 2023 6:19 pm

So long as there isn't an actual obstruction, if it is the Anti-Trap, I happened to be reading this from the manual earlier today:

1. Pull the switch past the resistance point and hold it there. The anti-trap mechanism is restricted and the window opens slightly when the closing force exceeds a certain value.

2. Pull the switch past the resistance point again within approximately four seconds and hold it there. The window closes without the anti-trap mechanism.
2013 E89 28i auto