Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre part exchange

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
DonDon

Tyre part exchange

Post by DonDon » Fri May 26, 2023 2:37 pm

I have recently bought my 28i. It came with Presa tyres on the front that have a fair bit of tread left on them. It had Landsails fitted on the rear, purely to get it through the MOT before I bought it, so they are virtually brand new.

I want to put on some decent tyres all round, and I just wondered if I could get anything for the old ones, rather than them going to landfill.
2013 E89 28i auto

axelleveau

Tyre part exchange

Post by axelleveau » Fri May 26, 2023 2:43 pm

Depending what Landsails you have fitted they could be good enough to stay on and you could save some trouble by getting the sames for the front so only having to get rid of 2 tyres. It is obviously up to you, I have some on a Fiesta and am fine with them but would put sportier stuff on the Z as well.

Regardless, I think you might have an easier time trying to sell them on Marketplace as I expect most people on here will be after more premium tyres for Z4's.
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Tyre part exchange

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri May 26, 2023 2:48 pm

Sorry, I would not be running something rwd with circa 250 bhp on Landsails. I bought a car with them once, they lasted for about 2 hrs. They were that bad I put runflats on instead until I could get decent tyres :rofl:

There’s always a market of some sorts for tyres with decent tread on Facebook/gumtree/eBay

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)