Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

P/N for starter cable (not high current)?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
r3vmatch

Post by r3vmatch » Tue May 23, 2023 11:09 am

Hey all,

Does anyone know the P/N or name of the "non-high-current" wire that connects to the starter and goes to the break out box under the intake? I suspect this wire is the actual "crank on" signal from the ECU. I went looking in RealOEM but to my surprise didn't find it in the starter section.

Annotated arrow in red (image borrowed from FCP Euro):

While doing the DISA + CCV for my N52/3.0si Z4 I decided to change the starter and "luckily" I found a rodent chewed through the casing and has left some bare copper on this wire exposed mid-section.

smorris_12

Post by smorris_12 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:18 pm

It'll be the line that powers the starter solenoid. At the other end is probably a relay as the solenoid itself is fairly high current.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Enter your Z4 details on www.realoem.com for exploded diagrams with all part numbers etc :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

r3vmatch

Post by r3vmatch » Tue May 23, 2023 9:33 pm

Hi,

I actually tried to do my research before asking ; I've spent too much time on RealOEM so I know it well :( .

I'm looking for what looks like 'item 8' but not the tubing but the actual wire with connectors.

Image Image

r3vmatch

Post by r3vmatch » Tue May 23, 2023 9:44 pm

I should have remembered to double-check RealOEM P/Ns with pictures from eBay (sounds odd but has been much more helpful to see what a part looks like).

"TUBE" 12517537365 is in fact I think what I seek! Of course I would have named it something more descriptive such as "cable assembly with connectors and protective shroud" ; there must be a German word for that :D