Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD ** DELETED **

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
IAmOrion

** DELETED **

Post by IAmOrion » Thu May 18, 2023 11:22 pm

** DELETED **
Last edited by IAmOrion on Fri May 19, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

IAmOrion

** DELETED **

Post by IAmOrion » Thu May 18, 2023 11:23 pm

** DELETED **
Last edited by IAmOrion on Fri May 19, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

2003 3.0i 76k HEAVILY MODDED (Cat-C)

Post by Chris_D » Thu May 18, 2023 11:40 pm

Sorry mate but I think you'd be doing well to actually get any offer over a grand.
:o
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu May 18, 2023 11:47 pm

Chris_D wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:40 pm Sorry mate but I think you'd be doing well to actually get any offer over a grand.
To be clear, I'm not expecting £6k or really even that close, but a grand is below expectations, I've seen knackered salvage ones for that!

I do understand modded ones are much harder to sell than stock, but I don't think it undervalues it to *that* extent, I mean christ, at £1000, I would just strip it and sell the parts etc and make 2-3 times that lol
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu May 18, 2023 11:57 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:47 pm
Chris_D wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:40 pm Sorry mate but I think you'd be doing well to actually get any offer over a grand.
To be clear, I'm not expecting £6k or really even that close, but a grand is below expectations, I've seen knackered salvage ones for that!

I do understand modded ones are much harder to sell than stock, but I don't think it undervalues it to *that* extent, I mean christ, at £1000, I would just strip it and sell the parts etc and make 2-3 times that lol
Fair enough. But I think taking it as far back to stock as you can would be a worthwhile investment of time on your part and would make it way more appealing/sellable. As you say, you're not in a rush to sell it so why not spend a bit of time getting rid of all the bits that makes it (very) personal to you. At least start by giving it a good wash and brush-up, it looks mingin'.
That wing needs to come off first too!

It's relatively low miles so that's the main thing going for it, unless you've ragged the engine to within an inch of its' life...? As it stands, it looks like someones drift-monster and I don't think anyone's in the market for one of those, unless they're actually into drifting.
:lol:

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri May 19, 2023 12:05 am

Chris_D wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:57 pm Fair enough. But I think taking it as far back to stock as you can would be a worthwhile investment of time on your part and would make it way more appealing/sellable. As you say, you're not in a rush to sell it so why not spend a bit of time getting rid of all the bits that makes it (very) personal to you. At least start by giving it a good wash and brush-up, it looks mingin'.

It's relatively low miles so that's the main thing going for it, unless you've ragged the engine to within an inch of its' life...? As it stands, it looks like someones drift-monster and I don't think anyone's in the market for one of those, unless they're actually into drifting.
It does indeed need a good wash! That's this weeks job and then I'll get new, clean pics.

In fairness, I'm posting this here because it's a Z4-Forum after-all, but I do know it's better aimed at perhaps those more interested in modding and wanting a project that's had work done and can add their own spin on, defo not aiming at those looking for stock.

I may well eventually start returning it to stock, the problem is that costs time and more importantly money to then source the more oem parts etc. Whilst the wing isn't to your liking, many others love it in the mod scene but again I do understand it's my personal taste and not to most others.

Engine is excellent - I've certainly not been ragging it! I've only added about 5000 miles since I took ownership in 2017, defo not been thrashed :)
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri May 19, 2023 12:11 am

IAmOrion wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:05 am
Chris_D wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:57 pm Fair enough. But I think taking it as far back to stock as you can would be a worthwhile investment of time on your part and would make it way more appealing/sellable. As you say, you're not in a rush to sell it so why not spend a bit of time getting rid of all the bits that makes it (very) personal to you. At least start by giving it a good wash and brush-up, it looks mingin'.

It does indeed need a good wash! That's this weeks job and then I'll get new, clean pics.

In fairness, I'm posting this here because it's a Z4-Forum after-all, but I do know it's better aimed at perhaps those more interested in modding and wanting a project that's had work done and can add their own spin on, defo not aiming at those looking for stock.

I may well eventually start returning it to stock, the problem is that costs time and more importantly money to then source the more oem parts etc. Whilst the wing isn't to your liking, many others love it in the mod scene but again I do understand it's my personal taste and not to most others.

Engine is excellent - I've certainly not been ragging it! I've only added about 5000 miles since I took ownership in 2017, defo not been thrashed :)
Well, whatever you decide glwts. I reckon taking it to stock is the way to go but it's your call ofc.
Who knows, you might get lucky. My nephew was looking at modded E85's after he'd driven mine.
He's driving around in a pink MX5 now however. Yeah. Less said the better.
:|

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri May 19, 2023 12:14 am

Chris_D wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:11 am He's driving around in a pink MX5 now however. Yeah. Less said the better.
:|
I mean, to each their own and all that...... but I certainly wouldn't have gone from Z4 to MX5 :rofl:
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

j3nks79

Post by j3nks79 » Fri May 19, 2023 8:35 am

If you’re a selling as is. You are best of putting a realistic price to make it easy for a buyer.
Last Carbon Black E86 rhd off the production line. 2/8/08 build. 2009 09 Registered.

coldel

Post by coldel » Fri May 19, 2023 8:50 am

GLWTS OP

As others said, the likelihood of someone having the same taste in cars appearing and paying strong money for a Cat C is highly unlikely. A good wash and polish would go a long way too to making it look like you have cared for the car if someone was going to take a punt on it. I maybe missed it but on first read through didn't see any mention of good care such as service history, perishables replaced etc.

I think the £6k asking price will bring more 'you gotta be jokin fella' posts than 'I will give you a grand for it' ones as being modded and cat C it clearly isnt worth anywhere near that.

If you can get details of the cat c damage to give any potential buyer some reference points as to what happened and what to look for that might help too.

Otherwise, you potentially have a full list of parts that people would take individually to add a little something to their car. I suspect parting it out would probably be the most profitable route for you, if you have the time and space.
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 am

That would make an excellent track car for someone... might even be able to pull off a BGW if it had the right brakes and tyres on so it was actually fast around a track.

I paid £3k for a clean 3.0i with twice the miles on... id say that was the very top limit of what you might get. But GLWTS, hopefully it will live on!

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri May 19, 2023 11:01 am

coldel wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:50 am GLWTS OP

As others said, the likelihood of someone having the same taste in cars appearing and paying strong money for a Cat C is highly unlikely. A good wash and polish would go a long way too to making it look like you have cared for the car if someone was going to take a punt on it. I maybe missed it but on first read through didn't see any mention of good care such as service history, perishables replaced etc.

I think the £6k asking price will bring more 'you gotta be jokin fella' posts than 'I will give you a grand for it' ones as being modded and cat C it clearly isnt worth anywhere near that.

If you can get details of the cat c damage to give any potential buyer some reference points as to what happened and what to look for that might help too.

Otherwise, you potentially have a full list of parts that people would take individually to add a little something to their car. I suspect parting it out would probably be the most profitable route for you, if you have the time and space.
Ooof, I think I'll delete this post shortly (will give anyone who cares a few hours to see this comment to save any "what happened to xyz post" later ha)

The pics were taken on my drive in a spur of the moment thing... everyone is right, I should've just waited until I'd given it a wash etc but flip side is I personally hate photos of just detailed cars as it makes me think of people who use filters on dating sites to look better than IRL :rofl:
but then I am out of touch with selling (and dating)

Fair point about the Cat-C thing - I don't actually know, I did get one of those paid reports back in 2017 that showed some of the details and gave details of the certificate thing but it was so long ago, I can't find it, nor can I find any email related to it so no idea what app I used or anything sadly. I may just pay for a new report, they're only a few quid I suppose.

It has been cared for, people that know me and have seen the car etc know I've spent hours upon hours modding and caring for it.
No "woe is me" bs, but I've just got a lot going on atm between life crap in general and hidden disabilities taking their toll, I just don't have the time to revert it completely back to stock (not being in any rush to sell doesn't mean I have the time or space to do all the work on it to put it back to stock)

I may consider removing some stuff though and selling separately such as the custom steering wheel, sport button mod, xlr racechip etc
brillomaster wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 am That would make an excellent track car for someone... might even be able to pull off a BGW if it had the right brakes and tyres on so it was actually fast around a track.

I paid £3k for a clean 3.0i with twice the miles on... id say that was the very top limit of what you might get. But GLWTS, hopefully it will live on!
Yeah, some people do love the track car look - it is obviously a much smaller niche pool, many perhaps not on this forum - this post has been received somewhat negatively (in a constructive feedback manor that is, I'm not taking it personally or offensively of course) but it's an interesting contrast to some FB Groups where people love it - but then again, they're not buying either as they already have BGW's and their track cars ha.
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

coldel

Post by coldel » Fri May 19, 2023 11:05 am

vcheck.uk is a good site for doing the history checks on cars. If its been near a salvage yard it can also pop up photos of damage etc. so you might find something there. Its a tenner for a full check.

But yes, buyers here are probably more into clean cars than modded ones - FB is an utter minefield you will always get the full spectrum :lol:
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri May 19, 2023 11:10 am

coldel wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:05 am vcheck.uk is a good site for doing the history checks on cars. If its been near a salvage yard it can also pop up photos of damage etc. so you might find something there. Its a tenner for a full check.

But yes, buyers here are probably more into clean cars than modded ones - FB is an utter minefield you will always get the full spectrum :lol:
Ha, yes indeed, I hate FB Marketplace with a passion. There's so many "Is this still available, I'm interested, could I come view it?" then poof, they vanish, then there's the "£500 2day m8, doin u a faver" [sic] :headbang: but hey ho

I just looked at vcheck you mentioned, looks like it's for companies or something only just asks for company code and pin :? but I'm sure there's others offering the same service
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

coldel

Post by coldel » Fri May 19, 2023 11:13 am

https://www.vcheck.uk/

This the site you found? I used it the other day to check history on a car I looked at. You pop in the reg and pay your tenner.

Here is what a sample report looks like https://www.vcheck.uk/report/S4MPLE-NXGX84U
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z