Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I’m creeping back!

First port of call for new members
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 16, 2023 12:57 am

Hello from another Scottish G29 owner.

Mine came from Edinburgh. Out of interest which dealer, we got a fantastic service from Eastern at Newbridge

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Angie4m
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Angie4m » Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:57 am Hello from another Scottish G29 owner.

Mine came from Edinburgh. Out of interest which dealer, we got a fantastic service from Eastern at Newbridge
    Hello!

Eastern is my dealer of choice and has been since I was 17 years old when I purchased my first car from them 21 years ago this month. Unfortunately they offered low on my i8 without valid reason, pushed to know what 5 other dealerships had offered as they ‘really wanted to look after me’ but I’ve heard not a peep since Thursday morning.

To be honest my experience of Eastern as both a BMW and Mini customer over the past 4 months has been woeful. They are usually outstanding but their service has been substandard. I’ve had bookings cancelled without my knowledge including my MOT by a disgruntled warranty guy, who seemed to stick his nose into some work I was paying to have done.

I’ve been left waiting an hour to pick my car up after agreeing a time to collect and being there 5 mins before. The latest issues have been washing the car when I’ve asked not to, the i8 had some sort of film on it which took over 2 hours to remove (I’m still waiting on their explanation) and the Mini only last week, the door hadn’t closed properly and someone soaked the inside. Something that would have been avoided if they had just followed my instruction.

Will I be back? At this moment I can’t say I will, maybe not with the Z4. Only time will tell.
    Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
    RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
    Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
    Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
    Protonic Blue i8
    Amethyst 997
    F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

firebobby
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by firebobby » Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am

Welcome back to the hotel California Angie, you will never get away.
    Don't forget the photos :)
    BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
    Beige M sport seats, wood dash
    Toyota MR2 NA 1995
    Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
    Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
    Mini 1000 1981

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

I’m creeping back!

Post by pvr » Tue May 16, 2023 9:06 am

firebobby wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am
    Yep - we always want pics, especiallly of Porsches as there is a secret sub forum for us Porsche drivers :lol:
    Current:
    911-50 Black - unique spec
    X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Golf Clipper - collectors item
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by mr.tourette » Tue May 16, 2023 9:22 am

Welcome back Angie, sure you'll love the g29 :thumbsup:
    if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 16, 2023 9:25 am

Angie4m wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am
    Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:57 am Hello from another Scottish G29 owner.

Hello!

Eastern is my dealer of choice and has been since I was 17 years old when I purchased my first car from them 21 years ago this month. Unfortunately they offered low on my i8 without valid reason, pushed to know what 5 other dealerships had offered as they ‘really wanted to look after me’ but I’ve heard not a peep since Thursday morning.

To be honest my experience of Eastern as both a BMW and Mini customer over the past 4 months has been woeful. They are usually outstanding but their service has been substandard. I’ve had bookings cancelled without my knowledge including my MOT by a disgruntled warranty guy, who seemed to stick his nose into some work I was paying to have done.

I’ve been left waiting an hour to pick my car up after agreeing a time to collect and being there 5 mins before. The latest issues have been washing the car when I’ve asked not to, the i8 had some sort of film on it which took over 2 hours to remove (I’m still waiting on their explanation) and the Mini only last week, the door hadn’t closed properly and someone soaked the inside. Something that would have been avoided if they had just followed my instruction.

Will I be back? At this moment I can’t say I will, maybe not with the Z4. Only time will tell.
    Thanks for your response. Not good to hear. Mine is in for a service shortly and a couple of very small warranty items. Hopefully it’ll be a more positive experience than you’ve had. If not onto somewhere else, the list of which, in central Scotland, is not numerous :o

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Angie4m
      Lifer
      Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Angie4m » Tue May 16, 2023 9:54 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:25 am
      Angie4m wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am

Hello!

Thanks for your response. Not good to hear. Mine is in for a service shortly and a couple of very small warranty items. Hopefully it’ll be a more positive experience than you’ve had. If not onto somewhere else, the list of which, in central Scotland, is not numerous :o
      There is another dealership just under 3 miles from me, Peter Vardy BMW which was formally Dunedin. I’ve had mixed service over the years so go out of my way to use Eastern.

Hopefully the service at Eastern has just been a blip.
      Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
      RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
      Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
      Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
      Protonic Blue i8
      Amethyst 997
      F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

ronk
      Lifer
      Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by ronk » Tue May 16, 2023 10:15 am

It sounds to me like there’s a trend !
      My dealership offered wbac money when I looked at a potential change - they wanted top money for the new M40i of course!
      You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
      So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am

Angie4m wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:54 am
      Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:25 am
      Angie4m wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am Hello!

There is another dealership just under 3 miles from me, Peter Vardy BMW which was formally Dunedin. I’ve had mixed service over the years so go out of my way to use Eastern.

Hopefully the service at Eastern has just been a blip.
      It’s funny how we all seem to get different experiences with dealers. I called PV twice when looking to order the M40i, and I’m still waiting for a call back. I wasn’t phoning them a third time :headbang:

Hopefully is a blip, but seems very much like a lottery 🙈

The Glasgow ones were also poor as I went there first being closer before trying Edinburgh.

ronk
        Lifer
        Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by ronk » Tue May 16, 2023 11:06 am

It’s when they, the sales staff, all become Sales Executives!
        You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
        So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 16, 2023 2:47 pm

ronk wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:06 am It’s when they, the sales staff, all become Sales Executives!
        = more bullshit and bigger commissions :rofl: :rofl:

ori

I’m creeping back!

Post by ori » Tue May 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Welcome back. M40i is a lovely car.

john-e89
          Lifer
          Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by john-e89 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:26 pm

Just noticed it says 'still shy and retiring' on your sig Angie....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Lordy....if only people knew..... :poke: :evil:
          M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
          MR2 MK 2
          E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
          E89 35is
          G29

john-e89
          Lifer
          Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by john-e89 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:29 pm

firebobby wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am Welcome back to the hotel California Angie, you will never get away.
          Speaking of which, where the chuff have you been Frederick....? :?
          MR2 MK 2
          E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
          E89 35is
          G29

john-e89
          Lifer
          Lifer

I’m creeping back!

Post by john-e89 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:33 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:29 pm
          firebobby wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am Welcome back to the hotel California Angie, you will never get away.
          Speaking of which, where the chuff have you been Frederick....? :?
          I need some backup with that Dutch sort....he's getting way out of his station, needs reigning in forthwith.... :x
          MR2 MK 2
          E89 35is
          G29