Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof and Boot Not Opening

Fullspeedahead

Post by Fullspeedahead » Sat May 20, 2023 5:51 pm

Thanks Stash,
I’ve tried holding both switches (I can hear them clicking) but the boot still won’t open. I’ve done it with ignition on and off, me holding the boot switch and also using the key fob but nothing is working.

Stash36

Post by Stash36 » Sat May 20, 2023 6:20 pm

You have someone at each corner yes? two man job. When I did this the red error light would go out and the boot could be opened. Ok sorry that's not working for you. I'm no expert just sharing what I've learned. PM RobbieZ4 next!

Nicdez

Post by Nicdez » Sat May 20, 2023 9:32 pm

I’ve spent a bit more time on this as my brother came and read the code via Ista. See attached photo.

We are getting inconsistent codes on the Rear End Modules from Ista. We traced back to the micro switches and got inconsistent readings of circuit closed from those and looked via the CTM.

However, the CTM seems to be giving the inconsistent codes. We received continuity from the CTM connector to the micro switches. However, when opening the CTM there was a small scorch mark and a little water ingress, which leads me to think the CTM is faulty.

I am wonder if the forum members have any experience of this or can state if it is the CTM that’s faulty.

I do also believe there is an issue with the hydraulic pump motor as that got water in it too.

Many thanks everyone, I feel I am making progress with your help.

Nic
Attachments
1684614014347.jpg
1684614014347.jpg (112.23 KiB) Viewed 252 times

warmasice

Post by warmasice » Sat May 20, 2023 11:28 pm

Similar issues to you. Had the CTM replaced and coded. Been working great ever since. They did change a micro switch too.

Fullspeedahead

Post by Fullspeedahead » Fri May 26, 2023 12:12 pm

Update on my issue - all resolved and roof working. Local garage (MUTIMER, Hacheston IP13) found a broken wire on a previously-bodged repair. All tickety-boo now. Thanks to all for your help and support (esp Robbi)