Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X3 M40d

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
JimsZ

X3 M40d

Post by JimsZ » Sun May 21, 2023 8:43 am

We’ve had an X3 20D msport since 2018, on our 2nd one a 21 plate and it just does everything you could want. I was anti suv until we test drive the X3.

We have been eyeing up an electric model next, just don’t like the look of the IX, so we’ve decided to try an Audi Q8 etron shadow edition. It doesn’t land until the end of the year though! Time will tell if it was the right decision :rofl:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

D6GMB

X3 M40d

Post by D6GMB » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:19 pm

I am now on my second X3M40d, the first was the 2019 at the start of the G01 production then I changed it 18 months ago for the new LCI model with the mild hybrid.
Great cars and have had no problems with either. The performance of the 40d is very impressive but it is all about the torque with this engine, it literally pulls like a train in any gear at any speed. Fuel consumption is fine, averaging 35 round town and up in the 50’s on a long run. I was fortunate to have a load of positive equity in the first car and chopped it in early for the LCI model at considerably less cost than I was already paying. In all honesty they usually come pretty well specced, I went for the optional M sport seats, individual alloys and paint and a few other wee bits and pieces.
2007 BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE(long gone).
2021 BMW X3M40d Individual Tanzanite blue.
2014 Ford Transit Connect Race red.