Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What the hell is this?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by Pondrew » Wed May 10, 2023 11:18 pm

ori wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:10 pm Did you read the bit about targeted enforcement?
TBH I got really bored by page 3. It's nonsense. NIMBYs of the 21st century.
"PCSOs (plastic policemen) must be in attendance with the do-gooders". It just gets better. Maybe they should get the Highways Traffic Patrols (breakdown Police) involved to really add some gravity! :lol:
Last edited by Pondrew on Wed May 10, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by Pondrew » Wed May 10, 2023 11:22 pm

MikeyH wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:15 pm We’ve had these busy body cretins with nothing better to do for years in our village ever since the bypass. They stand around in hi vis jackets pointing there bloody radar guns trying to catch drivers exceeding 30 or 20 mph. They are just members of the public bullying the rest of us. They can’t do anything, they are not the police, just sad anonymous and annoying twats. They need to get an f’ing life.
That, Michael, is it in a nutshell. Only in a very affluent area of Londinium they will have more sway with the Met Police (no more power).
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by MikeyH » Wed May 10, 2023 11:28 pm

The council have just put in speed ramps and bollards to slow drivers down but the joke is that there are so many pot holes that we can’t speed anyway :rofl:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

ori

What the hell is this?

Post by ori » Thu May 11, 2023 7:24 am

MikeyH wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:28 pm The council have just put in speed ramps and bollards to slow drivers down but the joke is that there are so many pot holes that we can’t speed anyway :rofl:
My mate was saying the same thing about his road. The resident WhatsApp group have people saying they want speed bumps, then then none of them want the actual humps outside their house as they don’t want the noises of braking and acceleration and scraping. ;)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by TitanTim » Thu May 11, 2023 9:27 am

Pondrew wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:36 pm That, sir, is a load of bollox from a load of 'do gooders' with nothing better to do with their time.
The last paragraph is laughable:
"don't do it again! If you do it will be your last warning. If you then do it again, we will send this letter....,again!

Classic 'not worth the paper it's written on'!
Well retired people have got to do something with their time or would we prefer them writing graffiti on subway walls :lol:

Apologies to all retirees :)

Tim.

smorris_12

What the hell is this?

Post by smorris_12 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:43 am

Is it me or is 20mph the equivalent of walking along with your shoelaces tied together? The way it's going I'm waiting for some loony pressure group to demand the re-introduction of the man with the red flag walking along infront.
------
Scott

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2006 Z4 2.5si Silbergrau und rot

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by MikeyH » Thu May 11, 2023 11:33 am

The problem is it is very difficult keeping to 20 mph and still concentrating on the road and looking out for all the pedestrians walking in the road because they think it's 'safer'. And don't get me started about all the extra cyclist that seem to be around now. We need eyes in the back of our heads.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by mmm-five » Thu May 11, 2023 1:01 pm

Just leave the car in first gear and sit at 6000rpm all the way down the road...they'll be creaming themselves thinking they've caught a boy racer, only to see an old git doing 20mph :P
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Southwestz4

What the hell is this?

Post by Southwestz4 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:06 pm

ori wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:21 pm So what the hell is this? I mean yes I was going 25 in a 20 (which is all of London), but what’s with the threats of further action? What can they actually do?

IMG_0790.jpeg
At least you have something to light your fire with next winter :thumbsup:
2004 z4 3.0i Sterling silver
x5 40d m sport black sapphire metallic
Transit custom

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by enuff_zed » Thu May 11, 2023 1:10 pm

Few years back when I as still working at RAF Marham they set up in the village down the road.
The RAF Police tannoyed their presence across the whole station.
When we left work dozens of cars crept past them at 15mph, waving and laughing.
As far as I know, everyone who did this got the letter a few days later.
The police were not in attendance. They point the gun, read the speed, the second person witnesses it and the third writes it on a clipboard.
They were so annoyed that their little scheme was rumbled that they fabricated figures and the police had no way to disprove it.

Around here now they have to put out 'community speedwatch' signs to warn you, or they are not allowed to operate.
Now I'm not saying it's been done but if some unscrupulous person were to pop the sign in the boot of their car it could possibly upset them a little. :roll: :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Southwestz4

What the hell is this?

Post by Southwestz4 » Thu May 11, 2023 1:19 pm

mmm-five wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:01 pm Just leave the car in first gear and sit at 6000rpm all the way down the road...they'll be creaming themselves thinking they've caught a boy racer, only to see an old git doing 20mph :P
:rofl:
2004 z4 3.0i Sterling silver
x5 40d m sport black sapphire metallic
Transit custom

BeeEmm

What the hell is this?

Post by BeeEmm » Thu May 11, 2023 1:38 pm

ori wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:21 pm So what the hell is this? I mean yes I was going 25 in a 20 (which is all of London), but what’s with the threats of further action? What can they actually do?
Phew! that was lucky. Imagine what would have happened if you had passed one of the many 20mph speed cameras in London.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

BeeEmm

What the hell is this?

Post by BeeEmm » Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:33 am The problem is it is very difficult keeping to 20 mph and still concentrating on the road and looking out for all the pedestrians walking in the road because they think it's 'safer'. And don't get me started about all the extra cyclist that seem to be around now. We need eyes in the back of our heads.
Seriously, use your mirrors now and again, they negate the need for eyes in the back of your head. If you can't cope with pedestrians, cyclists and speed limits, then maybe driving isn't for you.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by MikeyH » Thu May 11, 2023 2:40 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 pm
MikeyH wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:33 am The problem is it is very difficult keeping to 20 mph and still concentrating on the road and looking out for all the pedestrians walking in the road because they think it's 'safer'. And don't get me started about all the extra cyclist that seem to be around now. We need eyes in the back of our heads.
Seriously, use your mirrors now and again, they negate the need for eyes in the back of your head. If you can't cope with pedestrians, cyclists and speed limits, then maybe driving isn't for you.
:rofl: :rofl:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

What the hell is this?

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu May 11, 2023 5:51 pm

smorris_12 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:43 am Is it me or is 20mph the equivalent of walking along with your shoelaces tied together? The way it's going I'm waiting for some loony pressure group to demand the re-introduction of the man with the red flag walking along infront.
Im good old Wales the Looney Labour WAG are mandating 20mph from Sept on all roads which are now designated as 30mph, I have no issue with 20mph where appropriate such as schools / leisure centres / care homes etc.

I have driven through the 20mph zone they have been trialling in Cardiff and my god its bloody painful - it will make everyones journey far longer and increase pollution no end - total lunacy IMHO :headbang:

Oh and don't mention the 40mph limit (50mph but its always reduced to 40 due to tailbacks) on the M4 - I can drive on the dual carriageway at 70 but must do 50 to reduce pollution - DUH, what about the 6 mile tailbacks the limit causes, oh we all drive electric so its emissions free :headbang:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.