Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW M4

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:31 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:16 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm I know it wont be to everyone taste (colour & number of seats)
Who cares, it’s your car and you like it :D
Spot on Andy - I do like it and I don't really care what anyone else thinks, I will try to drive it more than the Zed - that had done 1600 miles from last July to April and 400 of them were a trip to the Isle of Wight.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

chanlon1

BMW M4

Post by chanlon1 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:36 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:26 pm but couldn't get on with the DCT
ahhh, so you had the same probs then as myself???
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:38 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:26 pm that's a lot of car & a lot of driveway kudos OG 8) i did enjoy my 12 months with a F82 M4 but similar thoughts to above made parting with it no hardship :cry: just 1350m in 12 months tells its own story ( & 250 were the drive home from collecting it )
I still have it down as one of the best looking Bmw cars of the last 20 yrs ( along with the M2) but couldn't get on with the DCT , the virtually new PS4S tyres my car came on were intolerably noisy over 50mph :cry: i also found it very thirsty ( after switching from a TTRS ) & far too big to ever enjoy any spirited drives :( the 400+ BHP is almost irrelevant , you have to hit ballistic mode to feel any real momentum by which time the car is well into 3 digits which on the Lancashire & Yorkshire roads i drive on felt very scary indeed :P
I am sure you will enjoy the car , the cabin feel & layout is top notch & as PVR points out the seats are mighty fine too .
Keep updating the thread with how you get on with it :thumbsup:
Thanks Mr W, the car does look good on the drive, my neighbours came over yesterday and were loving it despite the p--s taking, regards looks, I certainly like the coupe but I am a vert guy so it had to be done.

I can understand all of the above, I did a lot of research and sort searching on whether this was the car to buy and in the end decided I needed to try it, I love the interior defo a step up from the Zed and yes the seats are superb.

I am going to try and drive this one and the DCT was ok, only thing is that it did give a kick in first when moving but otherwise I am ok with it.

I plodded home yesterday as I had the roof down (and SWMBO in there) and got 35mpg (was over 40 on the motorway) so I am happy with that as was expecting 28 to 30 but I did plod and I know if I welly it then its going to drop rapidly.
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Lynchy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:00 pm

That looks lovely, any pics with the roof down ? :thumbsup:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

BMW M4

Post by mr wilks » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:27 pm

chanlon1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:36 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:26 pm but couldn't get on with the DCT
ahhh, so you had the same probs then as myself???
No i couldn't say it was exactly the same as you described yours , i had no issues with my DCT tapping throttle for it to edge forward / backward whilst garaging or parking .
There are dealer updates on them i believe & to be honest mine performed better than DCT in a previous 35is , they just aren't for me in a weekend car , same would go for DSG or PDK , my not getting on with it was more i should have bought a manual :P
Anything other than standard choice on the throttle options especially from cold then it was pretty "uncooth" :D remapped cars suffer most is my understanding , mine was stock.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

BMW M4

Post by mr wilks » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:38 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:26 pm that's a lot of car & a lot of driveway kudos OG 8) i did enjoy my 12 months with a F82 M4 but similar thoughts to above made parting with it no hardship :cry: just 1350m in 12 months tells its own story ( & 250 were the drive home from collecting it )
I still have it down as one of the best looking Bmw cars of the last 20 yrs ( along with the M2) but couldn't get on with the DCT , the virtually new PS4S tyres my car came on were intolerably noisy over 50mph :cry: i also found it very thirsty ( after switching from a TTRS ) & far too big to ever enjoy any spirited drives :( the 400+ BHP is almost irrelevant , you have to hit ballistic mode to feel any real momentum by which time the car is well into 3 digits which on the Lancashire & Yorkshire roads i drive on felt very scary indeed :P
I am sure you will enjoy the car , the cabin feel & layout is top notch & as PVR points out the seats are mighty fine too .
Thanks Mr W, the car does look good on the drive, my neighbours came over yesterday and were loving it despite the p--s taking, regards looks, I certainly like the coupe but I am a vert guy so it had to be done.

I can understand all of the above, I did a lot of research and sort searching on whether this was the car to buy and in the end decided I needed to try it, I love the interior defo a step up from the Zed and yes the seats are superb.

I am going to try and drive this one and the DCT was ok, only thing is that it did give a kick in first when moving but otherwise I am ok with it.

I plodded home yesterday as I had the roof down (and SWMBO in there) and got 35mpg (was over 40 on the motorway) so I am happy with that as was expecting 28 to 30 but I did plod and I know if I welly it then its going to drop rapidly.
34mpg was the best i ever saw during the 250m drive home , after that it was anything between 18 & 22 :cry: similar to Z4Ms & the 997 C4 i had .
TTRS sat around 26-28 by comparison with 36mpg "possible " if i tried , current Golf Gti tootles around town .at 30mpg & hits 45 mway cruising
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Nanu » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Nice colour, be careful though with grandkids and those seats :cry:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:25 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:31 pm

34mpg was the best i ever saw during the 250m drive home , after that it was anything between 18 & 22 :cry: similar to Z4Ms & the 997 C4 i had .
TTRS sat around 26-28 by comparison with 36mpg "possible " if i tried , current Golf Gti tootles around town .at 30mpg & hits 45 mway cruising
mr wilks wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:31 pm

I expect low to mid 20's round town and low to mid 30's on a run and if I get that I will be happy but I have a few other cars for round town so wont be used to much for that asI wont park it anywhere thats deemed unsafe :rofl:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:26 pm

Nanu wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:44 pm Nice colour, be careful though with grandkids and those seats :cry:
I can assure you the seats will be well covered every time they get in the car and fully cleaned straight after they get out - well aware of the crap they can cause :(

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:30 pm

chanlon1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:07 pm Enjoy.
I had a F80 M3 Competition last year...bucket list car and all that.....had it for 6 months and had to get rid of it.
Two reasons ... far too much power torque for normal road usage, and what I think was even worse, was the gearbox. Put the car in drive/reverse, let off the brake and the car doesn't move. You have to tap the accelerator to engage the gear. Numerous times you tap it too much and get unnecessary revving.
I couldn't get used to this and found parking on slopes and slow manoeuvring back and forth in car parks a misery.
Try parallel parking on a slope between two cars.

Hope you enjoy it better than I did.

However, the sound and the muscular looks of the car make it the best looking car I have ever had. Shame I couldn't live with the gearbox.
Not a bucket list car but certainly hope that I can get on with the box, did all the research on the pitfalls of the DCT so just hope I can cope with it :driving:

Jollyjoiner

BMW M4

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:51 pm

Stunning looking car, enjoy :thumbsup:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon May 01, 2023 5:36 pm

Lynchy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:00 pm That looks lovely, any pics with the roof down ? :thumbsup:
Will get a few up in the next hour or so

chanlon1

BMW M4

Post by chanlon1 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:53 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:36 pm Will get a few up in the next hour or so
What year is it?
My F80 was 2018 which was before they had the OPF's put in which reduced the exhaust note. I reckon my neighbours were glad to see it go as on start up on with one of the M buttons pressed there was a major deep rumble from her!
Make sure to set the M buttons up to your likening.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon May 01, 2023 6:35 pm

chanlon1 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:53 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:36 pm Will get a few up in the next hour or so
What year is it?
My F80 was 2018 which was before they had the OPF's put in which reduced the exhaust note. I reckon my neighbours were glad to see it go as on start up on with one of the M buttons pressed there was a major deep rumble from her!
Make sure to set the M buttons up to your likening.
2015 so pretty loud on start up - first thing SWMBO said when it was started, why is it so god dam loud - said why not to which she just tutted.

Would have liked a comp but I live on a farm track so the splitter would last about 3 seconds stuck with a standard version for now.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

BMW M4

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon May 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Images as promised
Attachments
tempImage7HL4dv.gif
tempImage7HL4dv.gif (689.68 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImagecaiqG3.gif
tempImagecaiqG3.gif (932.49 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImageczePMb.gif
tempImageczePMb.gif (507.18 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImageRBp6MP.gif
tempImageRBp6MP.gif (686.83 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImageQKnfMg.gif
tempImageQKnfMg.gif (719.18 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImageIXDtpn.gif
tempImageIXDtpn.gif (732.24 KiB) Viewed 537 times
tempImageHGWMRa.gif
tempImageHGWMRa.gif (662.5 KiB) Viewed 537 times