Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bent two of my Apex Arc 8s..at the wheel doctor now..

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:05 am

Coming back from first serious potter with CherryM I ran into a submerged pot hole with an all mighty bang on Sunday…

Limped home and after taking the front wheel off discovered dent in inside rim..what a 326M would have done in the situation who knows..

I’m down at a wheel doctor https://www.alloyfix.co.uk/ in Newcastle seeing if he can true them out…

Took the rear off just in case, turns out it’s even worse dent…
Attachments
IMG_7582.jpeg
IMG_7582.jpeg (174.27 KiB) Viewed 566 times
IMG_7581.jpeg
IMG_7581.jpeg (217.97 KiB) Viewed 566 times
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:12 am

Ouch. Fingers crossed it hasn't fubared any of your suspension, but I suspect geometry might be out now?
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:07 pm

Worcester_spoon wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:12 am Ouch. Fingers crossed it hasn't fubared any of your suspension, but I suspect geometry might be out now?
Good point…I’ll check..my exotic alignment guy is some distance away ..but I’ll bring that forward as he’ll be fitting my uprated RTABs etc :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:10 pm

Wheel doctor diagnosed both front and rear badly bent..rear worse..managed to true them out ok..

£120 for a pair

https://youtu.be/KKrdRQaIZ_A

https://youtu.be/EdEM80FFWzA

Before and after …

FWIW he says biggest issue is raised speed humps going over with both wheels..places massive load on inside edge which bends because it’s unsupported… :tumbleweed:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Ouch. :o

Lucky you checked the rear wheel as well, and I'm glad you've got them both round again. :thumbsup:

I hope your route for next week doesn't include that road!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:19 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:03 pm Ouch. :o

Lucky you checked the rear wheel as well, and I'm glad you've got them both round again. :thumbsup:

I hope your route for next week doesn't include that road!
I just assumed the front wheel was a goner..but then thought the rear wheel followed the same track..glad I checked..

1,000 miles plus next week vibrating and oscillating away wouldn’t have been good…

I’ve made a mental note on that pothole…it’s a bad stretch of road frequented by many logging lorries..lesson learnt… :tumbleweed: