Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 sat nav

Discussing the current generation Z4
DonDon

G29 sat nav

Post by DonDon » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 pm

I am wondering about getting a G29.

Does the sat nav have real time traffic updates, and does this require a subscription. if so, what is the cost please?

Also, does it have Android Auto, or is this something that has to be added. Again, if so, what is the cost?
2013 E89 28i auto

ori

G29 sat nav

Post by ori » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:14 pm

It does have real time traffic. Not sure what the subscription cost is as it’s included for the first 3 years. Don’t think it’s much though.

PSQ777

G29 sat nav

Post by PSQ777 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:39 pm

DonDon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 pm I am wondering about getting a G29.

Does the sat nav have real time traffic updates, and does this require a subscription. if so, what is the cost please?

Also, does it have Android Auto, or is this something that has to be added. Again, if so, what is the cost?
Real time traffic updates are available and remarkably accurate. I got mine as part of the Connected XL package which I think was £79 per year (UK price), which is the same price as the map updates. Connected XL comes with loads of other stuff too, like in-built Spotify, Ringo, News etc.. Android Auto is available and was added during a recent update. Apparently using it with Google Maps will allow the nav directions to be displayed in the head-up display so it's well integrated. But for me the car's built-in nav works really well so I've never felt the need to use Android Auto. I then just drop my phone on the charging pad and run Waze there for other alerts.