Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Phone / Broadband contracts.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:51 pm

I've been with EE 9.5 years. Only this week have i bother to contact them about my monthly charge.
£60 for 30GB sim only eek £54 after an out of contract discount :thumbsdown: . Been out of contract 2 years and cost just been going up and up.

Phoned them to say i think i am on the wrong plan.

Went through to retensions via the new on screen thingy (Very good that is)
They agreed i was indeed paying way too much and could see that my data useage on average was 1.4GB per month.
So i asked price for 5 GB then how much more for 10GB, sorry they said next plan up would be for 25GB ?
So after having a bit of a laugh discovered that 150GB was only £ 1 more, so plumped for that.

3 Month's half price at £10.60, £21.20 for next 9 month's til the next price hike.

They then asked about my broadband. I been with BT for ages and said i noticed the 10% discount but for new customers only.
She put me on hold for a few seconds and came back to me and said they could put me on
£49 for Halo 3 + Hybrid connect. I had been paying £59.-- so yes please.

I worked it out roughly, a saving of £610.-- over the year.

Feeling chuffed :D

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:04 pm

Nice one :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:09 pm

When I got my new iphone rather than sell the old one I decided to keep it and use it only on the bike and get a no contract sim for it.

Lebara, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 5GB of data.

£1.49 a month for the first 6 months and that's all i'll need it for.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image