Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ready for summer upgrades!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:46 pm

Hi, yes the cables that come with the screen do plug into the back of the head unit so I’m guessing it needs to be in place. The old unit turns on and you can view and use all the modes but there is just no sound as the android unit takes over using the aux input.
2004 E85 3.0i, LCI xenons, red sports interior, backbox delete, twin pipe conversion, diff ratio upgrade, coilovers, clear rear lights, cup holders, Sapphire black
2014 F31 M Performance Pack, Avin headunit, LED headlights

Chengy

Post by Chengy » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:48 pm

Wookster78 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:46 pm Hi, yes the cables that come with the screen do plug into the back of the head unit so I’m guessing it needs to be in place. The old unit turns on and you can view and use all the modes but there is just no sound as the android unit takes over using the aux input.
Hi wookster, thanks for posting, considering getting the screen to replace my failed pop up one.

Is it literally plug and play, just connect to the head unit like the current screen does from factory?

I have the radio unit that comes with the nav, so thinking of getting the business unit like you have in yours to be on the safe side.

Thanks!

Wookster78

Post by Wookster78 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:06 pm

Yep just plug and play, comes with the correct wiring harness and works straight away without any mods, apart from getting it to fit and sit just right in the dash
2004 E85 3.0i, LCI xenons, red sports interior, backbox delete, twin pipe conversion, diff ratio upgrade, coilovers, clear rear lights, cup holders, Sapphire black
2014 F31 M Performance Pack, Avin headunit, LED headlights