Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE 2005 Z4 2.5 SE - For sale

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
mowgli250

2005 Z4 2.5 SE - For sale

Post by mowgli250 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:55 pm

Hi,

So due to a new car I need to sell my 2005 Z4.

About the car,

Good points - I've owned it for around just over 10 years now everything works fine has a little mot left, daily driven for most of this time bar a couple of years.

86-87,000 miles, might have a number of past owners think it has 5 before me but its been swapped in my family for storage so might have about 7 now.

Location Edinburgh

Engine bay looks clean if dusty. interior is used clearly but basically in good condition - looking at other cars for similar ages I would say with some polish it’s in great condition (black leather and brushed metal) off brand matts. Roof works - not used much however - quite a new windscreen

Some phone images which show the sides etc. Can take some of the interior if desired.

https://ibb.co/6HwDpGZ

https://ibb.co/v33y8Fx

https://ibb.co/ZLvwRvb

https://ibb.co/M25y78t

Bad points, this car has been used as a daily driver in a city some comes with the issues associated.

- rust spots around a few panels some paint bubbling below the fuel filler

- 2no. couple of minor parking dings on the wings - easy to fix I think.

- maf is a temperamental needs replaced / cleaned - still runs fine light comes on once in a while (error code)

- battery explosive strap connector is a little corroded throws an airbag warming ones in a while - can be cleared for months

- front right head light unit has moisture

- Front bumper is out of position had some kind of push / knock but this was over 10 years ago seems to be all in the plastic brackets.

These are all the points that come to mind, I’d like it just to go to better use than scrap good price for quick offer is ok.

I'm looking to sell soon, most likely needs a couple of things for the mot (a control arm or something - Edinburgh roads eat them)

Tyres have a few k left in them - even wear all round.

I've not been great with keeping the history, so it’s not great on that side but it’s been maintained hence runs goes stops, has been garaged and maintained sorn for a few years, but not recently.

What's it worth to someone? if you had a paint shop for a few repairs don't see why it’s not got a few years at least. open to reasonable offers.
Last edited by mowgli250 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:04 pm

with decent miles and in the grand scheme of things those niggles arent really massive IMO, i'd say its worth around 2 to 2.5k?

Ive just sold a 2004 2.5i SE for £2600 which was a cat D but had been very well maintained as an idea.
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

mowgli250

Post by mowgli250 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:30 pm

Thanks for the indication, to be honest id be happy for anything a bit over a grand. Parts value just for a simple web trade in is £600.

mholt1995

Post by mholt1995 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:19 pm

Hey, I am somewhat interested in this as I'm currently in a bit of a should I / shouldn't I position around sacking off the 165k 2003 2.5 I bought last July as it's in an awful state (and I got absolutely had on it price-wise).

I'm based quite far from you but seeing as I got my current Z4 from Glasgow, one could say I have form!

I'd probably want to go through it a tad before committing to buying it though to make sure I don't fall into the same traps as I very much had bought the last one without ever seeing it and I don't think I can go through the impact of that again :rofl:

Feel free to DM :)
2010 E89 30i Deep Sea Blue
Ex- 2010 E89 35i Space Grey (LD10 AFN)
Ex- 2003 E85 25i Sterling Grey (YK03 DUL)