Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best Aftermarket Warranty

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:01 pm

WD wouldn’t cover my 2011 35is..just checked now..at 60k miles

I think McButler bankrupted them with all his claims..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:12 pm

B21 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:01 pm WD wouldn’t cover my 2011 35is..just checked now..at 60k miles

I think McButler bankrupted them with all his claims..
They quoted £2k for one year on my 2014 with 55k miles at the time. This was a year ago. Mcbutler has definitely taken all they're willing to pay out on N54s :rofl:
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Johnbmwz4

Post by Johnbmwz4 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:05 pm

Just goes to show what a bargain the BMW approved warranty is then. I hope my renewal cost doesn’t sky rocket as I’m happy paying the £600 ish a year for peace of mind motoring.
BMW E89 3.5i M Sport manual, loving it….
Audi S5 Cab, Great car but not special enough….
BMW E89 3.5i DCT, Havana Brown, should never have sold it…..
BMW E85 3.0 Auto, sadly missed (twice)

2k35is

Post by 2k35is » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:07 pm

BobbyZ wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:28 am I cant get a bmw one due to the year. Just wanna make sure I have good coverage
Wouldn't rely on Googles answer.
My Dec 2009 3.5i -75k miles has the BMW insured warranty on it
Paying £42 per month with £250 excess. Had the high pressure fuel pump, rocker gasket, and oil filter housing to block leak all done last year without a problem(apart from Sytners poor communication). All done at same time so only pay excess of £250 as its per claim not for each defect. This is based on the monthly warranty being in place when car had less than 60k miles on it.
Downside is that servicing has to be carried out by BMW dealer-not sure how strict they are with this but never risked having it serviced outside of dealership network. Other non service work (brake pads-discs etc)done by independent but using genuine bmw parts. Can often pick these up at considerable discounts if you have enough time to shop around.
Dec 2009 Z4 35i DCT Deep Sea Blue
2018 3 door Cooper S DCT
sold 2003 e46 330ci Convertible

BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:32 pm

BMW insured? Are you saying I should be able to get that for my 2012 with 32k

Johnbmwz4

Post by Johnbmwz4 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:13 pm

Google BMW extended warranty and you can input your details and it should give the answer yes or no and a price if the answer is yes
BMW E89 3.5i M Sport manual, loving it….
Audi S5 Cab, Great car but not special enough….
BMW E89 3.5i DCT, Havana Brown, should never have sold it…..
BMW E85 3.0 Auto, sadly missed (twice)

BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:23 pm

Looks like 7 yrs is as far as bmw will go

Christopher72

Post by Christopher72 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 pm

I'm assuming you are in the states.. but that may be incorrect.. Aftermarket warranties are really "sus".

This is verbiage from a top level "Diamond" plan from a 3rd party - which you have to start asking yourself.. wth do they actually cover....

"This CONTRACT covers all components of the VEHICLE, EXCEPT for the following items:
EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE:

Replacement of maintenance parts or services regardless of when they occur during the CONTRACT, including but not limited to:
i. Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors and Drums;
ii. Shocks and Struts;
iii. Rubber Hoses;
iv. Serpentine Belts;
v. Wiper Blades;
vi. Headlamp Bulbs;
vii. Oil Changes;
viii. Air Filter;
ix. Timing Belts;
x. Tune-Ups;
xi. Lithium-ion or Hybrid Batteries.

BREAKDOWNS resulting from engine sludge, carbon, pre-ignition, detonation, varnish, corrosion, foreign objects, dirt, dust, liquid, cracked rubber and/or neoprene parts, dry-rot, road chemicals, lack of proper fluids or use of additives or fuel grades not recommended by the manufacturer. Failures to the Air Bags, Seat Belts, or Supplemental Restraint Systems.

BREAKDOWNS caused by external causes and acts of nature including, but not limited to: collision, road hazards, vandalism, theft, fire, earthquake, tornado, flood, hurricane, lightning, rust,

BREAKDOWNS due to gradual loss of performance and resulting from normal operation and use (due to VEHICLE mileage and/or age) unless worn beyond manufacture tolerance, including, but not limited to: valve guides, valves, piston rings, transmission clutch pack discs and bands.

Any adjustments, repositioning, refitting, realigning, programming and/or cleaning, unless required as a result of a COVERED BREAKDOWN.

Paint; carpeting; upholstery; fabric; VEHICLE frame; the following parts of the manual/hydraulic clutch assembly - friction disc, pressure plate, throw-out bearing and pilot bearing; moldings; distributor cap/rotor; wheels and wheel covers; seat belts and retractors; clock spring; battery and cables; rubber body parts; VEHICLE body panel and components; trim; weather stripping; tubing; illumination of any kind, including but not limited to - lenses, light bulbs, headlight and/or tail light assemblies, LED lighting and sealed beams; exhaust system; keyless entry transmitters; brake pads, drums, rotor, and shoes; canvas; fiberglass, vinyl or fabric tops; remote compact disc changers; buttons; handles; door hinges; glass and glass assemblies; audio components not installed by the factory; CB radios; bright metal; sheet metal; bumpers; ornamental moldings; welds; winch; diesel emissions filter elements; evaporative emissions canister; spark plugs and wires; glow plugs; wheel balancing; hoses; Serpentine and V-belts; wiper blades; restraint belts; struts; strut bearings, mounts, and housing; shock absorbers; interior and exterior trim items; carburetor; body seals and gaskets; plastic and framing. Any part that the original vehicle manufacturer has provided a replacement, maintenance or limited-service life or replacement interval for."
Christopher
2011 E89 Sdrive35i - Deep Sea Blue, Beige Kansas Leather
'fits in progress - PDC, Cameras, Comfort Access, Respray/Correction - all queued for poor weather.
(9) E46 convertibles; (1) E39 540i; (2) E36 Z3 roadsters; (1) Pre-prod E36 Z3- all gone

BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:27 pm

Holy hell. Who is that from so I can stay far away!

BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:28 pm

I really want the steering, trans, turbos, top, injectors, gaskets and other items that are normal issues to be covered

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:35 pm

That lost of exclusions doesn't seem crazy although admittedly I have only skimmed through.

Doesn't seem to exclude engine gaskets, injectors or fuel pumps - which are generally the high risk, high cost items you actually want the warranty for.
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:46 pm

Water pumps to right?