Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Z4C Sport - Manual

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Mundee

Z4C Sport - Manual

Post by Mundee » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:32 pm

Circling back to the forum after a few years away potentially looking for my 4th Zed! Previous history includes a Stratus Grey Z4C that I loved and probably sold too soon, a 35is that I see is back up for sale now and a E89 30i which didn’t really tick the box for me. I hardly drive these days and have had a 2008 Yaris on the driveway for two years but fancy getting some thing that puts a smile on my face again when I do take the odd drive.

Have bounced around and considered something more expensive (Cayman) but can’t really justify having £30k sat on the driveway. Also looked at M4, V8 M3 but again more than I can probably justify and potential for high repair bills. Have semi settled on getting back in an E86 as they are cheaper and I love the look of them in the right spec. Looking to spend up to £10k, there’s a chance I’d stretch to a Z4M (Coupe or Roadster) if I was confident enough in its history but focus in on Z4C currently.

So, the ask is;

- Black, Grey, Silver paintwork
- Black or red heated leather
- CSLs highly desirable
- FSH
- Decent stereo (had the top set up before and liked)
- Piano black dash desirable
- PDC desirable
- Auto lights/wipers

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed. This forum has always been great for me and would like to buy from here is possible. Equally any thoughts on coupe alternatives or whether I should plum for the Z4M and how I could be confident in it not going ‘pop’ also welcome! (I will also go through the forum threads as it’s been a while). Could probably only go to £15k though.

Thanks

Rich
Previous: E89 30i, M2C, E89 35is, E86

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4C Sport - Manual

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:03 pm

Well the good news is I'm pretty sure Auto lights and wipers were standard on all UK Coupes.

A Sport model means you will get the M-Sport seats, although I have seen a few SEs that had them as an option or retrofit.

An M will cost much more to run what with the "M Tax" on all consumables and the Inspection Services that need the valve clearances checked and adjusted with shims as required plus gearbox and diff oil replacement. And for £15K any MC you find is going to have a 6 figure mileage which seems to be a big issue with UK buyers.

Good luck anyway. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mundee

Z4C Sport - Manual

Post by Mundee » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:13 pm

Thanks Tidy. Yeah the ///M is just an itch that always comes up when I come back round the Zeds but in reality I’m after a Z4C given the budget and likely level of usage…. I feel like I’d like an M one day but probably more excited by the thrill of the chase than the anxiety/cost of ownership!

On the spec front I used to know it pretty well but its been a while since my first Zed in 2014. The Coupe and 35is I had were both very highly spec’d and I enjoyed that but slightly less important now. I do want sports seats and steering wheel though which I don’t think come on the SE.

This was my first, looked great and really well spec’d, low mileage and ridiculously well looked after…. £11.5k in 2014!! :rofl: Sold it after 6 months and for the life of me I now don’t know why. Would love to find something similar now (mileage aside).
Attachments
C625CD3B-E9FE-4C1A-ACF4-8513C649A413.jpeg
C625CD3B-E9FE-4C1A-ACF4-8513C649A413.jpeg (173.3 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Previous: E89 30i, M2C, E89 35is, E86

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4C Sport - Manual

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:48 pm

That sounds like a familiar story to me!

I bought my first Sport Coupe in 2014 for £9,600 with Xenons, heated seats and DSP stereo.
Ruby Z4 220815.JPG
Ruby Z4 220815.JPG (238.41 KiB) Viewed 392 times
I got a big bill for a new water pump because my Indy bought it from BMW for £500, so when someone on here was looking for one shortly after in 2016 I let him come and view it. Next day I took it for a drive and realised how good it was then that evening he called to put a deposit on it! So 3 days later I put a deposit on my next Sport Coupe. :lol:

But after a few years I was getting that M itch. I looked at a couple then in December 2019 I saw mine advertised at a price I couldn't ignore! Although I knew I had some big bills coming for an Inspection 2 Service and new bearing shells and engine mounts - both were into 4 figures.

But it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. :D
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

LemonConnoisseur

Z4C Sport - Manual

Post by LemonConnoisseur » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:41 pm

Hi Rich,

Not sure if you've seen it and already discounted it, but mine is up for sale here: viewtopic.php?t=140102

:thumbsup: