Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ferry Costs 2023

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry Costs 2023

Post by ronk » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:59 pm

I’ve normally booked my ferry crossing to Europe by this time for the annual Germany Netherlands trip - however the medics are testing me so I can’t book the ferry and also retain valid medical insurance - I’m too old to risk going without

In the hope I get the ok from my current round of medical tests sometime soon, I’ve started to look at this years prices

We always go DFDS from the Tyne and travel in their commodore + cabins, I‘m way too old to rough it these days - however the price has gone up to £1400 and I feel like they are ripping me off!

I’ve started to look at P&O from Hull . Has anyone used that crossing recently and used their upgraded cabin offerings?

It’s currently looking like circa £500 less for the crossing and a 140mile Drive to the port of Hull
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Ferry Costs 2023

Post by pvr » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:12 pm

I am not familiar with the ferries as I take the Tunnel, but prices for that has also doubled. They really are tying to catch up on the covid years losses
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Ferry Costs 2023

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:42 pm

Out of curiosity I’ve just looked at the crossing we did last year for the same date in September it’s £15 cheaper this September compared to last year. That’s Brittany Ferries Santander to Plymouth.

Re your query I’d be driving the 2 hrs and saving the £500 :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

Ferry Costs 2023

Post by ronk » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:52 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:42 pm Re your query I’d be driving the 2 hrs and saving the £500 :thumbsup:
    Without a doubt!

I don’t mind the long trip to the port going out but detest it coming home.
    The Hull crossing is looking good - it’s only 140miles and if the onboard facilities are ok I will probably give them a try this year (Providing I get the ok from the medics of course)
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: