Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 or F type?

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
pvr
Legend
Legend

G29 or F type?

Post by pvr » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:21 am

craig3.2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:59 pm
Pondrew wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:38 pm Cayman or Boxster any day over an F-type, or a G29 (as you've already got a Z4). I've read countless stories on the web regarding how terrible the Jag's build quality and reliability are.
Porkers are pretty depreciation-proof too! :thumbsup:
The Porkers are good in residuals these days, especially things like Gt4 and gts cars....
Shame many Porsches still have Chocolate engines,lol
Interesting enough I have never met anyone with a Porsche who actually had an issue, perhaps that is similar to M engine issues that are always mentioned on non BMW forums
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

G29 or F type?

Post by craig3.2 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:48 am

pvr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:21 am
craig3.2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:59 pm
Pondrew wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:38 pm Cayman or Boxster any day over an F-type, or a G29 (as you've already got a Z4). I've read countless stories on the web regarding how terrible the Jag's build quality and reliability are.
Porkers are pretty depreciation-proof too! :thumbsup:
The Porkers are good in residuals these days, especially things like Gt4 and gts cars....
Shame many Porsches still have Chocolate engines,lol
Interesting enough I have never met anyone with a Porsche who actually had an issue, perhaps that is similar to M engine issues that are always mentioned on non BMW forums
Yeah, true Paul,but I'm talking about issues over the years ,and in fairly recent times too,with Bore score/Head Gaskets/Gearboxes,on cars that are ,in some cases,less than 5 years old.
And mainly from what I've read on Forums,etc.

Same with the M,where some owners have done 100k+ without any issues with Conrod bearing shell wear/damage,while others on here I know,have had replacement engines, under warranty,at around 20k miles due to problems.
And re the Conrod bearing shell wear,as said,some have had engines be ok upto 150k or more(before detonating), while my bearing shells were completely worn /on their last legs at only 62k, and the cars been in my Ownership most of its life,bar the first few years and 20k.
It's also always warmed up properly before going above 2.5-3k rpm.

It's the same thing,on a lesser scale,with some M owners putting upto 20mm spacers on their cars,with no issues re Rubbing arches(on standard wheels and suspension), and no issue with vibration,while many others, Inc on here and other z/BMW forums,have had issues with both
Just your luck at the end of the day.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

beanie

G29 or F type?

Post by beanie » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:13 am

Of the two, the Jag, but there would be too much crossover in the cars you mention so I’d be tempted to sell the current Z4 and roll the funds into the nicest, Audi approved R8 V10 I could afford.

Or, if you really want to keep the Z4, something different like an Atom/Alpine/Elise/4C/Morgan would probably be the route I’d take.
RUBYIMOLACARBON