Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Catalytic Converter stolen outside house

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Brouse

Post by Brouse » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:43 am

Are there secondary cats on UK Z4s? I thought it was just the manifold ones.

Could do get a catless manifold and then an aftermarket sports cat downstream? More curious than a suggestion
2006 Sapphire Black E86

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 pm

Deepseaskateboard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am The best thing to do here is leave your car jacked up with all Cats removed.

Opportunist criminals will be able to see your car has no Cats and will move on.

Leave nothing on show, parcel shelf open, and glove box open so they can see nothing is in either compartment.

Consider leaving the doors unlocked so they do not try to force entry. If they can get into, and can see under the vehicle they will quickly determine that it contains nothing of value, then nothing will be stolen.
That’s when they steal the complete car :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Deepseaskateboard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am The best thing to do here is leave your car jacked up with all Cats removed.

Opportunist criminals will be able to see your car has no Cats and will move on.

Leave nothing on show, parcel shelf open, and glove box open so they can see nothing is in either compartment.

Consider leaving the doors unlocked so they do not try to force entry. If they can get into, and can see under the vehicle they will quickly determine that it contains nothing of value, then nothing will be stolen.
Really....REALLY... sound, useful and safe advice there.
Well done fella!
facepalm_1.jpg
facepalm_1.jpg (7.92 KiB) Viewed 726 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:54 pm

Brouse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:43 am Are there secondary cats on UK Z4s? I thought it was just the manifold ones.

Could do get a catless manifold and then an aftermarket sports cat downstream? More curious than a suggestion
No secondary CATs on N52 engines at all. Secondary CATs on M54 engined Z4s only. Don't know about N46 :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG-20211218-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211218-WA0003.jpg (190.94 KiB) Viewed 709 times
IMG-20211218-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20211218-WA0000.jpg (202.93 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Brouse

Post by Brouse » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:13 pm

patriot66 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:54 pm
Brouse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:43 am Are there secondary cats on UK Z4s? I thought it was just the manifold ones.

No secondary CATs on N52 engines at all. Secondary CATs on M54 engined Z4s only. Don't know about N46 :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: many thanks!
2006 Sapphire Black E86

SqerrNipz

Post by SqerrNipz » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:37 pm

We’ve been spanked for cat-converter thefts in Oxfordshire the past couple of years. Usually organised gangs from other counties.

Strange to hit a BMW though, I’ve not seen that before. Generally it’s Toyota, Honda, etc.

Sadly these gangs are damn good at what they do. Ive seen CCTV of an offenders vehicle pull up and in 16 seconds they’d had the cat off another vehicle and driven off…
Proud owner of ‘Xavier’ - Maldive blue, 2004 3.0 auto. Heated/electric msports, style 107’s, gravity performance exhaust, E46 330i brakes, custom heated steering wheel, custom carbon intake, lots of other tweaks!

Deepseaskateboard

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 pm

Chris_D wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Well done fella!

facepalm_1.jpg
No Joke, we had an email from the police about CC theft and in the message they said to leave the glovebox empty and open!!! :rofl:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:55 am

Deepseaskateboard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 pm
Chris_D wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Well done fella!

facepalm_1.jpg
No Joke, we had an email from the police about CC theft and in the message they said to leave the glovebox empty and open!!! :rofl:
Yeah, leaving the glovebox open I get. It's something I do if I park in a city/carpark. But the rest.... is pretty useless/bad advice.
Leaving the doors unlocked will just make it way easier for Seamus McFaherty and Declan McDumbass to roll your p&j up onto their lowloader.
'It's loik dey wuz fekin waitin feruz ter terk it away eh Declan ?' 'Aye fekin eejits, dat wuz too fekin eezy Seamus. We'll av te come round dis way again.' :lol:

And who the jiggeryfukery is going to go to jack up and leave their car? That's just bonkers! Where have you seen this done??

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:23 pm

Years ago in Malta we were told if we hired a car not to leave anything in it and not to lock it.
If the local scum found a locked car they would assume there was something worth nicking in it and break into it.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Deepseaskateboard

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:02 pm

Chris_D wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:55 am
Deepseaskateboard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 pm
Chris_D wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 pm Really....REALLY... sound, useful and safe advice there.
Well done fella!

facepalm_1.jpg
Yeah, leaving the glovebox open I get. It's something I do if I park in a city/carpark. But the rest.... is pretty useless/bad advice.
Leaving the doors unlocked will just make it way easier for Seamus McFaherty and Declan McDumbass to roll your p&j up onto their lowloader.
'It's loik dey wuz fekin waitin feruz ter terk it away eh Declan ?' 'Aye fekin eejits, dat wuz too fekin eezy Seamus. We'll av te come round dis way again.' :lol:

And who the jiggeryfukery is going to go to jack up and leave their car? That's just bonkers! Where have you seen this done??
Sarcasm Chris, come on! :driving:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:59 pm

Deepseaskateboard wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:02 pm
Chris_D wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:55 am
Deepseaskateboard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 pm No Joke, we had an email from the police about CC theft and in the message they said to leave the glovebox empty and open!!! :rofl:

Sarcasm Chris, come on! :driving:
Fooooook orrrfffff! lol you were deadly serious you backpedalling buffoon!
:poke: :rofl:

l354uge

Post by l354uge » Mon May 01, 2023 2:32 pm

Didn't realise they stole these cats, anyone know how much they're worth? Might get rid of mine and sell them before someone else does! :rofl: