Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Convertible bmw e90 320i hardtop problems

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Spike

Post by Spike » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:17 am

Hi I have a 2010 bmw hardtop convertible 320i the roof not opening I pull the switch and it unlatch at the top but it won’t go back windows go down and everything else works but just won’t open up I change the fuse in the back on the pump both fuse still won’t work but I check the system it saying in transport mode idk I trying to del it but it won’t del I even try to over ride the system to open but it just unlatch and that’s about it still won’t open it just just does unlatch from the front top that’s about it would really appreciate any help or idea I can’t get to help me fix it thanks

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:59 am

Hi. Just to let you know this a Z4 specific forum, so you may not get much advice with your E93.
The mechanisms in the roof will be similar but no doubt slightly different. Good luck. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 pm

I keep an E93 at my place in the UK and hence it gets used very little for long periods.
The hall sensor on the boot parcel shelf failed on mine which of course prevented the roof from opening.
I assume from lack of use but who knows. In any case I replaced the hall sensor which cured the issue.
When you manage to get the roof open again it would also be prudent to lube the joints of the roof mechanism to avoid any surface corrosion. I used white lithium grease.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:50 pm

I'm no expert on these, but to me common sense says you need to get it out of transport mode first.
May be something someone on here could do with the correct tool.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: