Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD 2006 '56' Z4m Coupe - Interlagos Blue - 65k

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
JimmiVW

2006 '56' Z4m Coupe - Interlagos Blue - 65k

Post by JimmiVW » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:36 pm

Hello M Friends!

I'm finally putting my Z4M onto the market due to ever changing circumstances!
I've been in this position a couple of times before, prepped it up to sell, then decided against it.
However, this time it's actually got to go so I'm hoping it can find a new owner on here as I'd love it to go to an enthusiast.
During my 10 years of ownership I've always had a second car, company car, or pickup however I need to go down to one car with more seats!

It's currently up on Autotrader (see the link for photos and description, etc) but I will take sensible price offers from forum members.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 5bd&page=1

I bought the car in December 2012 at 26k miles, it had been a PX at Porsche so came through 'Sytner Select'.
I was pretty active on this forum for a while but not so much in recent years as life and work has gotten in the way of fun.
Shortly after purchasing I had Ground Control coilovers fitted along with Apex wheels. These stayed on the car until around 52k.
It has been back to stock since 52k so the standard suspension has done a lot less than 65k miles and the car feels nice and tight.

Servicing at the scheduled mileage has been done at independent BMW garages and the car has had additional oil changes every 7k miles.
It's been very well looked after and I would describe it as being in good clean condition, performs great and very useable.
If you wanted it in 'mint' condition it would need some minor paint bits doing (stone chips and a couple of marks - £300-500).
Based on the mileage, condition, and specification I think it is very fairly priced and will listen to sensible offers from people on here.

If you check the MOT history you will see some gaps as it has been off the road a couple of times and stored in my workshop.
It's always had a fresh set of oil and a proper check over before the MOT and going back onto the road.

I am trying to be as honest as possible with the description as I have wasted my time looking a badly described cars before and I wouldn't want anyone doing that. It's a good, honest example and I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they came to view and drive.

Car is based in Manchester and I'm available to discuss any questions you might have, please PM me for phone number.
Happy to provide walkaround video or any specific photos via WhatsApp if you are genuinely interested.

Apologies that this advert doesn't include a load of detail, but it's all been added to the Autotrader link. No PXs thanks!

Look forward to hearing from you, James
IMG_3304.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg (224.99 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
Last edited by JimmiVW on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Wow

Thats a stunner- GLWS
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Baelle6

Post by Baelle6 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:59 pm

Looks very a well loved example and extremely well priced too.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 pm

:wub:
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 pm

Hi James, your car looks fantastic. :wub:

I saw your advert when it went on AT and thought it looked like a good buy for someone. Anyway GLWTS. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JimmiVW

Post by JimmiVW » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:54 am

Thanks for the positive comments everyone :thumbsup:

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:57 am

Looks great….mine looked exactly like that once upon a time! :D
Good luck with the sale
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Scott Naylor

Post by Scott Naylor » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:54 pm

JimmiVW wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:36 pm Hello M Friends!

I've been in this position a couple of times before, prepped it up to sell, then decided against it.
However, this time it's actually got to go so I'm hoping it can find a new owner on here as I'd love it to go to an enthusiast.
During my 10 years of ownership I've always had a second car, company car, or pickup however I need to go down to one car with more seats!

It's currently up on Autotrader (see the link for photos and description, etc) but I will take sensible price offers from forum members.

I bought the car in December 2012 at 26k miles, it had been a PX at Porsche so came through 'Sytner Select'.
I was pretty active on this forum for a while but not so much in recent years as life and work has gotten in the way of fun.
Shortly after purchasing I had Ground Control coilovers fitted along with Apex wheels. These stayed on the car until around 52k.
It has been back to stock since 52k so the standard suspension has done a lot less than 65k miles and the car feels nice and tight.

Servicing at the scheduled mileage has been done at independent BMW garages and the car has had additional oil changes every 7k miles.
It's been very well looked after and I would describe it as being in good clean condition, performs great and very useable.
If you wanted it in 'mint' condition it would need some minor paint bits doing (stone chips and a couple of marks - £300-500).
Based on the mileage, condition, and specification I think it is very fairly priced and will listen to sensible offers from people on here.

If you check the MOT history you will see some gaps as it has been off the road a couple of times and stored in my workshop.
It's always had a fresh set of oil and a proper check over before the MOT and going back onto the road.

I am trying to be as honest as possible with the description as I have wasted my time looking a badly described cars before and I wouldn't want anyone doing that. It's a good, honest example and I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they came to view and drive.

Car is based in Manchester and I'm available to discuss any questions you might have, please PM me for phone number.
Happy to provide walkaround video or any specific photos via WhatsApp if you are genuinely interested.

Apologies that this advert doesn't include a load of detail, but it's all been added to the Autotrader link. No PXs thanks!

IMG_3304.jpg
What a beaut, a treat for rhe next owner, gorgeous colour and deep shine 🌞glwts
BMW Z4 2007 facelift 2.5Si

Scott Naylor

Post by Scott Naylor » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm

JimmiVW wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:36 pm Hello M Friends!

IMG_3304.jpg
What a beaut, a treat for the next owner, gorgeous colour and deep shine 🌞glwts
BMW Z4 2007 facelift 2.5Si

JimmiVW

Post by JimmiVW » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:37 am

So good he said it twice :D

TOMGREEN413

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am

One of my favourite colours, stunning coupe at a very good price. Good luck with the sale.
White e89 Red leather interior (But that's the wife's and don't I know it :/ )
Montego Blue Coupe manual si sport 💙 (Faster than the above....much faster :)

grannyknot

Post by grannyknot » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:56 pm

She's beautiful, GLWS
2008 E86 M coupe
Toronto, Ontario

James McDonald

Post by James McDonald » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:59 pm

After my 7h round trip to view this car today with the intention of purchasing I am unfortunately left very disappointed, despite speaking with the owner on the phone and being assured that the paintwork was scratch free and in good condition apart from some minor age related marks and stone chips, I arrived to find a car that looked like it had been washed with a hard bristle brush or a sponge covered in grit. Every panel was deeply scratched beyond the point of being saved by anything less than a full body respray. The owner denied knowing about the scratches but they are completely clear and impossible to miss, I noticed them when approaching the car and my heart immediately sank. The scratches are deep enough to be felt with your finger nail and do not disappear when wetted. I assume the car has been detailed extensively in an attempt to hide the scratches as the paintwork has a beautiful deep shine that looks great from a few meters away but up close it is shockingly tatty. A very unfortunate situation for me but I understand this part of the process, it is just a surprise that the seller who misled me is an active member of this forum. If anyone is considering purchasing this car and is prepared for a wasted journey, please view and provide some feedback on the forum, I am sure the other members will appreciate it.
Current:
-BMW Z4M Coupé | Silver Grey | Eventuri | Style 219M
Past:
-BMW Z4 Coupé 3.0si sport | Montego Blue | Caramel Interior | Supersprint | ST X Coilovers
-Honda S2000 | Silverstone Silver
-BMW Z3 2.2 | Titan Silver
-BMW Z3 2.8 | Topaz Blue
+ 7 others

lucasxdiniz

Post by lucasxdiniz » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:20 pm

James McDonald wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:59 pm After my 7h round trip to view this car today with the intention of purchasing I am unfortunately left very disappointed, despite speaking with the owner on the phone and being assured that the paintwork was scratch free and in good condition apart from some minor age related marks and stone chips, I arrived to find a car that looked like it had been washed with a hard bristle brush or a sponge covered in grit. Every panel was deeply scratched beyond the point of being saved by anything less than a full body respray. The owner denied knowing about the scratches but they are completely clear and impossible to miss, I noticed them when approaching the car and my heart immediately sank. The scratches are deep enough to be felt with your finger nail and do not disappear when wetted. I assume the car has been detailed extensively in an attempt to hide the scratches as the paintwork has a beautiful deep shine that looks great from a few meters away but up close it is shockingly tatty. A very unfortunate situation for me but I understand this part of the process, it is just a surprise that the seller who misled me is an active member of this forum. If anyone is considering purchasing this car and is prepared for a wasted journey, please view and provide some feedback on the forum, I am sure the other members will appreciate it.
I can't imagine how disappointing that must have been. I was quite excited for you to get this car after we talked about it for the entire week, so even I feel disappointed from how today turned out. You did the right thing to walk away in my opinion... You already own a very well sorted Z4C, so you know what they should look like.

I'm sure members of this forum who are potential buyers will be thankful for you feedback.
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne | BC Racing RS Coilovers | Powerflex Arms | 4.1 FD

JimmiVW

Post by JimmiVW » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:25 pm

James McDonald wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:59 pm After my 7h round trip to view this car today with the intention of purchasing I am unfortunately left very disappointed, despite speaking with the owner on the phone and being assured that the paintwork was scratch free and in good condition apart from some minor age related marks and stone chips, I arrived to find a car that looked like it had been washed with a hard bristle brush or a sponge covered in grit. Every panel was deeply scratched beyond the point of being saved by anything less than a full body respray. The owner denied knowing about the scratches but they are completely clear and impossible to miss, I noticed them when approaching the car and my heart immediately sank. The scratches are deep enough to be felt with your finger nail and do not disappear when wetted. I assume the car has been detailed extensively in an attempt to hide the scratches as the paintwork has a beautiful deep shine that looks great from a few meters away but up close it is shockingly tatty. A very unfortunate situation for me but I understand this part of the process, it is just a surprise that the seller who misled me is an active member of this forum. If anyone is considering purchasing this car and is prepared for a wasted journey, please view and provide some feedback on the forum, I am sure the other members will appreciate it.
James

I am very sorry that you feel this way, we did have numerous conversations about the condition of the vehicle, that I felt it was in good condition for the age, not mint but fair and reasonable at the price.
I provided you with numerous photos and videos prior to your trip and we did speak a number of times.
I do not feel that I have mislead you about the condition and I am sincerely sorry if you feel this was malicious in anyway. That was not my intention at all.

For any other prospective buyers, I am open to conversations and will send as much information, photos and videos as I can prior to viewing. I do not have any intention to mislead.

Best regards, James