Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

dash lights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

dash lights

Post by MikeyH » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:59 pm

Hi all, got in the car today, E85 2.2, and noticed that the miles were zeroed and the time had gone off the radio, just the ready lines. Everything else normal although I always have it on the temperature and it wasn't. It was fine on Friday and the only thing I have done since is to check the oil and water level. Is this something I need to worry about? Wondering if this is the start of a battery problem as we always have the roof down with seat heaters on, wife has her's on 3 all the time and the heater on flat out. Thank you.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

dash lights

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm

MikeyH wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:59 pm Hi all, got in the car today, E85 2.2, and noticed that the miles were zeroed and the time had gone off the radio, just the ready lines. Everything else normal although I always have it on the temperature and it wasn't. It was fine on Friday and the only thing I have done since is to check the oil and water level. Is this something I need to worry about? Wondering if this is the start of a battery problem as we always have the roof down with seat heaters on, wife has her's on 3 all the time and the heater on flat out. Thank you.
Measure the battery voltage after it’s sat unused for a day or two, if it’s much less than 12.6/12.7v it’s either in need of a recharge or replacement. How old is the battery?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

dash lights

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:17 am

2016 Smartbear but has only done around 9000 miles since replaced.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

skmattwell

dash lights

Post by skmattwell » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:26 am

Nothing to worry about from my experience. Mine does the same if I haven't used it in a while or have disconnected the battery for any period of time :)