Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance claim, write off maybe, what next?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:16 pm

dhobbs, hi mate, a pair of montego blue doors, complete with everything, including mirrors, just popped up on eBay about ten miles from me. If you want them at all let me know PDQ and I'll grab them for you!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi enuf_zed
Thanks. Things have changed and I'm claiming through the insurance for a repair.
When I rejected the valuation and the write off, they changed their mind and said they'd fix it.

Bad news is they've appointed a company not local to me and with some bad reviews.
I've requested another quote from a place here in Brighton that has a good reputation so will try and get my company to use them. There will be an excess for that but also peace of mind.

Also seems that it's a no fault claim as my renewal says not at fault. Obviously they didn't tell me this and their website has zero info on the claim :headbang:
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm

dhobbs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 pm Hi enuf_zed
Thanks. Things have changed and I'm claiming through the insurance for a repair.
When I rejected the valuation and the write off, they changed their mind and said they'd fix it.

Bad news is they've appointed a company not local to me and with some bad reviews.
I've requested another quote from a place here in Brighton that has a good reputation so will try and get my company to use them. There will be an excess for that but also peace of mind.

Also seems that it's a no fault claim as my renewal says not at fault. Obviously they didn't tell me this and their website has zero info on the claim :headbang:
Thanks for the fast reply anyway.
I've put a bid in for the pair and will see what happens, so if your situation does change and I get them, let me know.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:35 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm
dhobbs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 pm
I've put a bid in for the pair and will see what happens, so if your situation does change and I get them, let me know.
:thumbsup:
Will do. My insurance company isn't very forthcoming with any information so I can see this dragging on :(
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:00 pm

dhobbs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:35 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 pm
dhobbs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 pm
:thumbsup:
Will do. My insurance company isn't very forthcoming with any information so I can see this dragging on :(
I put in a cheeky bid for the pair. If I get them I'll speak to you before I move anything on.