Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Diagnostics fault codes

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Blog is

Diagnostics fault codes

Post by Blog is » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:32 pm

Just before Christmas I had the classic 3 yellow warning lights (abs/dsc/handbrake). I got the diagnostics run which showed faults 5DF0 and 5DF1. So may need to go the ecu-testing route for abs/dsc hydro module repair. I have seen lots of threads on this forum about this.
It appears from members posts that the warnings can be triggered by various causes ie faulty pressure sensors/ steering angle sensor / wheel sensors etc etc. MY QUESTION IS - once diagnostics have come up with fault codes, are these reliable, ie do I take it that the abs pump IS faulty?
Any clarification appreciated.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Diagnostics fault codes

Post by patriot66 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:02 pm

I had exactly the same problem several years ago now. Sent the ABS pump to ECU Testing and it was fine. Fitted 2 new brake pressure sensors and no difference. Pulled all the wheel speed sensors and gave them and the reluctor rings a good clean...sorted ! No more warning lights. Cleared codes and all good since :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Mike6

Diagnostics fault codes

Post by Mike6 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:06 pm

My money would be on the wheel speed sensors, very cheap to buy and easy to replace. I would bother cleaning them just peplace and get a very small brush through the hole and clean any dust off the reluctor rings.