Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2003 Z 3.0i with electric probs , no indicators in cab , windscreen washers don’t work , no radio , and windows only wor

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Arronwharton

2003 Z 3.0i with electric probs , no indicators in cab , windscreen washers don’t work , no radio , and windows only wor

Post by Arronwharton » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Had battery changed and new drivers lock , since then battery drains quickly , no indicators in cab , no windscreen washers , no radio. Windows only work when door is open
Any ideas folks

Arronwharton

Post by Arronwharton » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:07 pm

Any good z4 auto electricians around Berkshire London way

colb

Post by colb » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:44 pm

First thing check the fuses in the fuse box are all intact, since you had work on the door lock and a battery change its possible some fuses have blown. Scan the car and see if its set any fault codes that might lead you in the right direction to solve this. Its also worth noting that if the battery gets low the car puts itself into Transport mode and closes down some of the cars electrical syatems to conserve power for starting. Systems that usually get closed down are Aircon, Radio and heated rear window. Transport mode has to be reset using diagnostic software, BMW Scanner 1.4 on a laptop can reset it to normal mode. As to windows only working with doors open maybe they need syncing, hold the window down button all the way down till the window stops at the bottom pause for five seconds then hold the up button up till the window stops at the top, pause and release then see if it works with the door closed.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Arronwharton

Post by Arronwharton » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:56 am

Great thanks colb , weekend project now sorted