Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What mods are you going to do to your Zed in 2023?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Someone asked me for a list of mods I had already done and what was i planning to do in 2023..

It looks like I've done at least 42 mods to my 35is already and I have 13 listed for 2023..mostly bigger turbos, associated plumbing and a big audio /car play upgrade..

What do you have planned? I need to add a few more jobbies!

Wonder how the orginal designers of the E89 would take to all these mods..?
Attachments
Z4 e89 designers.jpg
Z4 e89 designers.jpg (71.01 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

palgeno

Post by palgeno » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:40 pm

None…my 2016 z4 currently has no deficiencies in driving pleasure, no mechanical problems, no cosmetic defects, and is perfect as a machine can be. Why tempt fate? :?

PointedMarlin

Post by PointedMarlin » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:28 pm

If I decide I can afford it I’d like to upgrade the stereo

I reckon I only have the basic 6 speaker set up

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:39 pm

My first mod will be adding some less worn out front discs and pads on the 5th. Pretty excited about that one.

Then I need to order some black painted side indicators, because my DIY job has not stood the test of time on one side!

I'll likely keep telling myself I'll get around to H&R anti roll bars but not do it, and continue to consider catless downpipes and a slightly bigger intercooler. But do neither.

If a damper goes I'll get some bilsteins all around. Probably.

If I get bored and adventurous I'll think about painting the brake calipers black.

Probably tinker with the MHD tune settings a few times for entertainment.

A rear lip spoiler is 80% definitely going to happen. Maybe a refreshed steering wheel.

I have a feeling 2023 might also be the year of injectors for me :cry: so perhaps I'm better off just saving up for that!

And eventually I might decide my car deserves a new model designation. How many people think "LM12 Competition" on the back would be the worst thing anyone's ever done to a BMW and worthy of capital punishment? :rofl:

To be honest, the thing that stops me doing more mechanical stuff is the absolute ballache that is trying to find a garage to do them.
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Nick W

Post by Nick W » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Not a big mod but I've got new springs and shocks coming in February. I might also un mod the stubby mod if I can find the time. :D
Silver M Roadster
220d Active Tourer
Landrovers 90 & 110

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:39 pm

Hardly a mod, but I’ve ordered Melbourne red indicators and matching boot Z4 and side sDrive35is emblems. Hopefully it’ll somewhat match the callipers. I’m finding that black on black on black is too much of a Batmobile.

And depending on wear, upgrade the rears up one width.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:45 pm

tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:39 pm I'll likely keep telling myself I'll get around to H&R
I’ve first installed H&R sports springs –the indy did TBH–, and it didn’t work at all with the stock adaptive dampers. The better solution was KWV3 coilovers. Expensive but worth every penny.
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:40 pm

Possibly a bigger intercooler for my 35i (just because) :rofl:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:21 pm

Thinking about adding a boot spoiler. Think I prefer the look of the ones with the cutout in the middle, like on Pete’s car above. Biggest ballache will be paint matching I suspect.

Also planning on swapping to drilled + slotted MTEC discs and EBC redstuffs tomorrow… weather and hangover dependent of course…
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

jock156

Post by jock156 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:40 pm

New blue roof

Quad exit exhaust

CF bonnet

Royals steering wheel

& anything in between :thumbsup:

BeardyJon

Post by BeardyJon » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:39 am

On the list:

- LCI Headlight upgrade
- Fit carbon fibre spitter & side skirts kit
- Respray bonnet, bumper & roof
- Give it a full detail, paint correction & ceramic coat
- Resonator delete
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:42 pm

Nick W wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:41 pm Not a big mod but I've got new springs and shocks coming in February. I might also un mod the stubby mod if I can find the time. :D
Bless you my child :thumbsup: :rofl:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:43 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:40 pm Possibly a bigger intercooler for my 35i (just because) :rofl:
In general you can never have a too big intercooler..but..anything else with it?

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:45 pm

PointedMarlin wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:28 pm If I decide I can afford it I’d like to upgrade the stereo

I reckon I only have the basic 6 speaker set up
Now quite a few options for the 6 speaker system..only in the past was the low cost speakers and amps for most folks..which may serve you well, but now also full DSP/Amps with plug n play harnesses..albeit at a cost :tumbleweed:

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:48 pm

tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:39 pm My first mod will be adding some less worn out front discs and pads on the 5th. Pretty excited about that one.

Then I need to order some black painted side indicators, because my DIY job has not stood the test of time on one side!

I'll likely keep telling myself I'll get around to H&R anti roll bars but not do it, and continue to consider catless downpipes and a slightly bigger intercooler. But do neither.

If a damper goes I'll get some bilsteins all around. Probably.

If I get bored and adventurous I'll think about painting the brake calipers black.

Probably tinker with the MHD tune settings a few times for entertainment.

A rear lip spoiler is 80% definitely going to happen. Maybe a refreshed steering wheel.

I have a feeling 2023 might also be the year of injectors for me :cry: so perhaps I'm better off just saving up for that!

And eventually I might decide my car deserves a new model designation. How many people think "LM12 Competition" on the back would be the worst thing anyone's ever done to a BMW and worthy of capital punishment? :rofl:

To be honest, the thing that stops me doing more mechanical stuff is the absolute ballache that is trying to find a garage to do them.
For me that turned out to be a big issue..getting down on bended knees to beg someone to fit my goodies..and then, not as neat or competently as you hoped for..hence my ultimate solution of my own garage..hope I don't buggar too many things up in the process myself!