Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DeLonghi coffee machine spares

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

DeLonghi coffee machine spares

Post by ronk » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Ive got a DeLonghi bean to cup coffee machine - It was repaired by them about two years ago at a cost of about £125

When it was repaired they supplied a new milk jug and replaced the seals on the steam pipe outlet
The seals have worn so now I can't get any frothed milk. The O Ring seals have visibly worn and I have assumed that is the cause of the problem,

The Delonghi web page isn't particularly good and I can identify the O rings and apart from that they want £6/O Ring - I think they are Viton ?

Does anyone know of a service agent who supplies these things that has a human on the end of a phone please!

(I was thinking of buying an O ring collection from Toolstation and putting standard seals on to determine the fault first)
Last edited by ronk on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

DeLonghi coffe machine spares

Post by Pondrew » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:54 pm

You may find Ron that the O rings needed are not a standard size, so you can't just change them for a few pence. Manufacturers tend to think of these things nowadays. If you have a vernier caliper you can check I suppose. Worth a try.

Failing that get a straw and blow into the milk hard. Much cheaper. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:03 am

I suppose the I/D should not have changed - then I will just apply a standard section?

A rubber seal replaced would prove if my knackered seals theory is correct?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Wigsters

Post by Wigsters » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 am

I have one of these machines and have repaired it (probably rebuilt it now!) numerous times.
eBay is your friend, it will cost a few points but all my spare parts have come from Europe via eBay -- the last one, in particular, was the O rings you mention.
Good luck getting it sorted, the new models are not as robust.