Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Top speed runs

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Top speed runs

Post by B21 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:17 pm
B21 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:59 am
Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:24 am Now that’s interesting :D

Checked out your link ad there’s an event in Campbeltown in June, one of the longest runways in Europe, if not the world. Was on as a possible location for space tourism due to length and quality of the runway :driving:

Of corse, OP could just visit remote Scotland generally for initial query :wink:
24/25 June Campbeltown, Scotland ..I think I'm going to put that date in my diary! :driving: :driving: :driving: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :thumbsup:
I could do the warm up preparation run for it and lead the same section as recently down to the location :oops: :tumbleweed: :driving:
Quite so..I'd like to do a reccy so wonder about making it a run our / social event..I guess spectator tickets will still cost?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Top speed runs

Post by buzyg » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:47 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:08 pm
Pondrew wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:01 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:24 am Was on as a possible location for space tourism due to length and quality of the runway
Then they realised they need fairly good weather to launch, so binned the idea? :poke: :P
I think they were more worried about hideously misshapen aliens landing and blending in with the locals mate. :rofl:
The weather and the locals must be why they choose Cornwall instead. :D :thumbsup: