Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BoJo episode 2 (this time it's personal)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:00 pm

The deputy prime minister should be forced to take the job on in the meantime no matter who they are.
I know the last one, Dominic Raab? bottled it and didnt want the role but it shouldnt have been his choice, they are quite happy to take the money and the job title.
And MPs who resign, they shouldnt be allowed to waltz back into another role when they feel like it.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:02 pm

sars wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:15 pm
Pondrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:51 pm
slick wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:39 pm If having Boris back in No,10 keeps Comrade Starmer out .
This the problem, though. As it stands, they are playing into the hands of Starmer and his lefty mates. Are the public going to forgive Boris? I can't. Sunak or Mordaunt are much more credible.
If a GE happens anytime soon; Labour WILL win by a landslide. Protest votes by the millions! LDs will do quite well too.

For the record; Boris was my MP once; I voted for him (twice). I also voted conservative in 2019. Don't want the fecker back, though.
The conservatives are so far right now, even Hitler would blush, Would a labour government be such a bad thing? As the Tesco Chairman said, they’re the only ones with an actual workable plan. I don’t blindly support any party, I pick the party of the time that I believe best reflects what I feel is right. I haven’t felt that the conservatives have had our best interests since Cameron left, he knew what a s**t show it was going to become so got as far away from it as quickly as he could and each leader since has doubled down. I actually trust Starmer to do what’s best given the hand he’s been dealt.

BoJo will be the next prime minister, if he can get the 100 votes to enter, it will be him vs Sunak and then the party members will vote BoJo, I’m sure this is how it was planned when he resigned.
Labour has a plan do they? I watched a labour minister yesterday being interviewed by Tom Harwood on GBnews and he said the same thing. He was asked to name one plan for the economy and he couldn't. He waffled and when asked how they would balance the books he said a windfall tax on the £170 Billion profits of the energy companies even though only £30billion of that is made in the UK and that has already been subject of a windfall tax. He then said they would borrow to invest in the UK. Funny how he thought borrowing and sticking the word invest afterwards doesnt count as borrowing.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

axelleveau

Post by axelleveau » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:09 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:54 pm Bojo getting sacked and Liz getting sacked has one common denominator.

Rishi Sunak wants to be PM and will F**k anyone or anything that gets in his way, even the country and that is from a life long Tory.

He is almost as dangerous as Starmer
You really like being on funny theories, hey? As if Sunak was the one coming up with the stupid mini-budget Kwarteng AND Truss created? :rofl:

Anyway, not been a massive supporter of Labour and don;t really think their is a genius anywhere in the political worlds but I think tories had time to prove what they can do (or mess up), time for some change :roll:
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Conservatives far right? Think you got that wrong, they have turned so far left with taxing business to death and general tax raising all the time that would put a labour government to shame.

Liz T was more right and she had the right ideas about tax, but just not rightly executed. As a business, the conservatives have levied the highest tax raid in history on us.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:37 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:48 pm Eating cake on your birthday. Serious stuff and definitely a sackable offence
Or put another way:
Breaking his own rules that HE put in place, as he was the PM so the buck stops there, while thousands of people died frightened and alone because their relatives were not allowed anywhere near them due to the rules that HE put in place.

Then not giving a sh*t and lying to everybody.

Unforgiveable; but hey never mind. Come back all is forgiven! :x
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:41 pm

I will guarantee that there are many Labour employees working night and day to come up with a manifesto at the minute.

They won't need one as it stands; protest votes will get them elected.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:44 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:54 pm Bojo getting sacked and Liz getting sacked has one common denominator.
Yes they were both unfit to lead for completely different reasons.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:08 pm

I thought Boris did pretty well, until he got caught out anyway!

But giving him the job back would be like admitting he should never have gone which would just be wrong.

Never thought Liz was up to it, and she soon proved that! Don't like the idea of Penny Mordaunt either, but then we have no say in it anyway. :(
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:19 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:37 pm
Nanu wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:48 pm Eating cake on your birthday. Serious stuff and definitely a sackable offence
Or put another way:
Breaking his own rules that HE put in place, as he was the PM so the buck stops there, while thousands of people died frightened and alone because their relatives were not allowed anywhere near them due to the rules that HE put in place.

+1 :thumbsup:

Christ, I’m getting worried about myself, I’ve agreed 100% with you TWICE, in the one bloody thread :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

PerryGunn
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:25 pm

Much as I can see the potential entertainment value of 'PartyGate II: The Return of BoJo', the comment below seems to accurately encapsulate the reaction of many people...
    BoJo4PM.png
    BoJo4PM.png (599.22 KiB) Viewed 274 times
    Alpina Roadster S #320
    * Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
    * Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:47 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:19 pm Christ, I’m getting worried about myself, I’ve agreed 100% with you TWICE, in the one bloody thread
    I know mate it's a worry isn't it?
    I don't normally even agree with myself! :o

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:49 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:25 pm Much as I can see the potential entertainment value of 'PartyGate II: The Return of BoJo', the comment below seems to accurately encapsulate the reaction of many people...
    BoJo4PM.png (599.22 KiB) Viewed 11 times
    Yep sums it up better than I could ever articulate. :thumbsup:

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:54 pm

Boris's greatest achievement to date....................... doubling both Pondrews post count and his blood pressure. :roll:
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:07 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:37 pm
    Or put another way:

You follow the MSM too much. Boris and Sunak were attending the cabinet office for a pre planned meeting. Unknown to them his wife and staff who were also attending the meeting presented him with a birthday cake.

I seem to recall Starmer using the defence of his curry and beer being a work event. Funny how his case was a break between work meetings and Boris not
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:26 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:54 pm doubling both Pondrews post count and his blood pressure.
    Agreed on the second part, mate. I'm not going to apologise for caring about this; it's important. It's gone beyond politics IMHO, it's about our (and our kids') futures at the minute. The damage being done hourly could last decades.

As to doubling my post count; even Boris would struggle! :D

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold