Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Permanent Air bag light

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
celticrob

Permanent Air bag light

Post by celticrob » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:48 pm

Ive had this problem before on my 2003 z4, it turned out to be a water leak! Check under the seats for water. Under the passenger seat was soaking in mine, and the water had been drawn up behind the seat where the sensor was located and subsequently goosed it! Unfortunately it's an expensive part and I'm not mechanically minded either. I didn't want a used/reconditioned fitted so had to bite the bullet and pay for new part, fitting, find where the water was coming in and fix the leak! Nice holiday in Dubai for my local mechanic though!!

colb

Permanent Air bag light

Post by colb » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:30 pm

Any update on your problem after the visit to the Garage on the 7th November?
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Ghila36

Permanent Air bag light

Post by Ghila36 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:35 pm

Well chaps, my airbag light is off, thanks to "Street", or Santa Claus as I would like to call him. I simply asked if he would like to have a look at the problem and within a short length of time he had it diagnosed and fixed.
it was a rusty multi pin socket on the main airbag module, the module was OK, and a damaged connector to the front airbag.

Ghila36

Permanent Air bag light

Post by Ghila36 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:43 pm

With regard to my garage appointment on Nov 7th, my thoughts on my experiences are unprintable.