Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4 Owner

First port of call for new members
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

New Z4 Owner

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, great looking zed :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

colb

New Z4 Owner

Post by colb » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Nice looking car, just hope the roof motor was relocated to the boot when it was changed to avoid future problems arising with it.
Also good move to get a decent code reader in your toolbox, it will come in handy sooner than later!!
I can reccomend a Creator 310+ or their latest version 410+, easy to use and quite capable of reading the modules on the car.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Doofus

New Z4 Owner

Post by Doofus » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:49 pm

Thanks all.
Pondrew wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:58 pm Welcome Duncan.

I have a real soft spot for the F13 M6, so would also be interested to hear the story of the one in the pics. Are the problems related to the S63 engine per chance?
No problems with the engine, well not that we have found. I'll write a longer post in the Dealer section of the forum. Short version is that the car arrived with stereo not working, no sounds from parking sensors etc...Limited paperwork despite saying there was full service history. There is £3k worth of work on fuel lines in what paperwork was handed over.

The car has been de-catted and remapped, found this after through an old advert online, no paperwork about it. Failed MoT on emissions and couple other things in may, which I knew about and asked dealer to sort, which they said they would. Dodgy MoT applied on day of purchase, September, from the dealer. Car absolutely stinks of fuel standing still which was a giveaway really. Top it off car was delivered with missing wheel bolts on 3 of the 4 wheels.

Got DVSA involved and they proved dodgy MoT was applied. Dealer refused rejection even though it was within 7 days of purchase. Then dealer doubled down by claiming the car I part exed was faulty, it wasn't had brand new MoT and service, claiming they needed to do work to it, despite them having sold it on as the logbook had been updated again a week after I part exed it.

Some of this is on me though as I'll explain in the longer post. But you live and learn. :(

Mau

New Z4 Owner

Post by Mau » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm

Welcome aboard! Though a less fortunate motive, still an excellent choice: 3.0i in Toledo blue! :thumbsup:
Image More on the '03 roadster and '08 coupe:click me.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

New Z4 Owner

Post by Pondrew » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:57 pm

There are some extremely dodgy dealers around. sorry to hear your woes with what should be a premium car. Why anyone would want to realistically remap a 550bhp and 600nm M6 is beyond me TBH.

Look forward to reading the whole story.

The Z4 should be a little less troublesome anyway. If for any reason it is, there are numerous very helpful people on this forum who will help out. It really is 'old school' on here :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!