Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

"M" Specific discussion
RMB

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by RMB » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:20 pm

Absolutely stunning Martyn.
I wish BMW still made cars as good looking as this and the E46 M3. It just doesn’t get any better than this, Z4MC on CSLs. :thumbsup:
Taz there’s a set for sale on this forum.
Looking for an E85 3.0si sport manual for the weekends
F22 M240i
E82 123d. Gone
E46 M3. Sold huge mistake
E46 330ci. Gone

3gGT01

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by 3gGT01 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:29 am

Wow Martyn, that looks amazing!!! :o The silver color really pops! Not sure if you clay barred it or what, but it looks great. I would like to do some of the same mods you have done.

Where did you get that carbon fiber front splitter?
Just the right amount of splitter for a great looking street car. Not overly done like you might expect on a track car.

I ordered the front calipers you have and should be on there way this week. Would like to get the same coilovers you have, I see there is a 4-5 week lead time. At 112K miles, the stock struts are rough on bumps and also the 19" rims probably don't help me either.

Neat to see someone doing all this cool stuff to their M.

~Tom
2007 Z4MC Interlagos Blue Metallic w/Light Sepang Bronze Nappa interior. 'Emma'

Martyn

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by Martyn » Tue May 02, 2023 8:27 pm

Thanks all.

The wheels are Atomic CSL reps from BM Autosport.

I gave it a quick machine polish as it was covered in crap and light marking where Ive been working on.

The splitter is from here: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/product/ ... E8586EDCAR

Martyn

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by Martyn » Tue May 02, 2023 8:34 pm

So for those debating whether the transmission tunnel is smaller than the E46 M3.....I can confirm it's not! The trans doesn't appear to be any smaller either!

For reference, Z4M ZF gearbox next to an inline 6 E9x DCT box.

You all know what's coming next.

Sprung flywheel.

And of course, the DCT box bolted up into the Z4M.

No hammering of the trans tunnel at all.

Even the E46 M3 DCT trans mount bolted up to the Z4M trans mounting bolt holes perfect.

I'm absolutely battered from rolling around on the floor under the car so more updates to come over the next few days.

Ed Doe

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by Ed Doe » Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 pm

Honestly the most consistently interesting thread on the forum Martyn - hats off to you!

Looking forward to more updates as they come - personally DCT-ing my car isn't something I'd want to do but I'm fascinated to see the results you'll have!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

TomK

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by TomK » Tue May 02, 2023 10:42 pm

Martyn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:34 pm So for those debating whether the transmission tunnel is smaller than the E46 M3.....I can confirm it's not! The trans doesn't appear to be any smaller either!
All super interesting as usual Martyn, well done! So it's a box from an i6 correct? I've seen the v8m3 dct box is fairly different dimensions to ours so that makes sense.
Any thoughts why they didn't use the zf instead of the getrag manual box if the trans tunnel is the similar dimensions? I guess there must be some peculiarity of the zf to prevent it? Or just cheaper more likely?
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

1536Z4

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed May 03, 2023 10:16 am

Martyn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:34 pm Even the E46 M3 DCT trans mount bolted up to the Z4M trans mounting bolt holes perfect.
Very interested in this Martyn and I hope this works out as you may remeber from this post viewtopic.php?t=130841
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

XMetal

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by XMetal » Wed May 03, 2023 3:03 pm

I'm confused. Is that an E9x M3 DCT box or an E46 M3 SMG box? There's no such thing as an E46 M3 DCT :!:

Martyn

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by Martyn » Wed May 03, 2023 3:05 pm

I did a DCT conversion on my old E46 M3 so had some parts left over like a custom gearbox mount for a DCT box and E 46 chassis.

The DCT gearbox is an e92 335i DCT gearbox flashed with modified M3 GTS software.

XMetal

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by XMetal » Wed May 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

RMB

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by RMB » Wed May 03, 2023 9:22 pm

This is amazing, great work. Hope to see more updates and maybe some videos?

Does the Z4m have the same traction and stability control systems as the E46 M3 and are you doing anything in that department to handle the extra horses Martyn? I wonder if you could implement E92 or later systems which are superior to the old gen stuff.
Last edited by RMB on Thu May 04, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for an E85 3.0si sport manual for the weekends
F22 M240i
E82 123d. Gone
E46 M3. Sold huge mistake
E46 330ci. Gone

Vanne

Martyn's Z4M Coupe

Post by Vanne » Thu May 04, 2023 4:38 pm

looks good man! :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3