Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Specs

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

New Specs

Post by ronk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:21 am

There’s a lens and frames only outlet opened close to me - so once I verify the new prescription is ok, I will have my spares and sunglasses reglazed

Ps. -Specsavers have just sent me a “How did we do?” Survey! Should I complete it? They were rubbish but the fella I dealt with was a decent chap and I don’t want to drop him in the poo!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

New Specs

Post by Nanu » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:06 pm

[/quote]

My wife had that same problem with her last pair of specs. They had fitted a very basic vari focal lens - the problem was resolved with the best quality product.

I suspect the wider corridors of correction gives them more tolerance of the optical centres ?

I’ve used varifocals for many years now and wouldn’t consider anything else - when they are fitted/measured correctly it’s the nearest you can get to proper vision.

Only when they are properly fitted!!!! 👁️ 👁️
[/quote]

Ronk and anyone else in the Gateshead area. I have been using these for about 20 years now and never found any better or cheaper.

https://www.customglaze-optical.co.uk/

Take along your prescription and they will fit you up with a new pair just as cheap as Select Specs and cheaper than Specsavers and the like with impeccable service.

My wife took her vari focal glasses along as she had broke the frame. The fitted the lenses to a new frame, took my Rayban sunglasses off me and gave them a good going over while we waited all for £40. Same pair in the Metro Centre were £125

Many opticians send their customers glasses to this place for repairs and fitting lenses.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

New Specs

Post by ronk » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Many thanks - Ive copied their details into my address book for future ref.

Im sure they will beat the £300 I've just paid Specsavers for my new specs.
I reckon my first task is to have my sunglasses reglazed as the prescriptiom is now outdated. I have a pair in both cars so it would be expensive
as S Savers don't reglaze - its a whole new pair from them.

Once I get the new specs from them it will prove the prescription.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

New Specs

Post by Nanu » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:49 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:41 pm Many thanks - Ive copied their details into my address book for future ref.

Im sure they will beat the £300 I've just paid Specsavers for my new specs.
I reckon my first task is to have my sunglasses reglazed as the prescriptiom is now outdated. I have a pair in both cars so it would be expensive
as S Savers don't reglaze - its a whole new pair from them.

Once I get the new specs from them it will prove the prescription.
They will sort your sunglasses out also
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White