Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water pump DMA fault

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Water pump DMA fault

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:15 pm

Chippie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:13 pm
B21 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Whose make and part number may I ask for the pump?
2A61642D-689E-43BC-84B9-E7E065719284.jpeg

Pierburg @ £282.24
Oh buggar..thats the exact one i've fitted! :tumbleweed:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Chippie

Water pump DMA fault

Post by Chippie » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:52 pm

Fingers crossed it will have been a one off.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Chippie

Water pump DMA fault

Post by Chippie » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Quick update on this,
I had to fill in a warranty claim for the replacement pump,
They wanted to know if the pump was fitted by a garage or myself, and if I was claiming for the fitting costs, because my son did it they wanted copies of his qualifications, I got the feeling if I’d done it myself it would have been a lot harder getting a replacement, fortunately they approved the claim and a new pump arrived about a week later, now just waiting while he has time to swap them over again.
Just be aware that fitting items from AUTODOC yourself could invalidate the guarantee.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Water pump DMA fault

Post by B21 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Chippie wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:45 pm Quick update on this,
They wanted to know if the pump was fitted by a garage or myself, and if I was claiming for the fitting costs, because my son did it they wanted copies of his qualifications, I got the feeling if I’d done it myself it would have been a lot harder getting a replacement, fortunately they approved the claim and a new pump arrived about a week later, now just waiting while he has time to swap them over again.
Just be aware that fitting items from AUTODOC yourself could invalidate the guarantee.
Thanks for the update..had a similar issue with Autodoc with some Hella N54 ignition coils that would auto eject off the spark plugs..

I guess if you didn't claim fitting costs then being a 'hobby' mechanic should not, in itself, preclude servicing the warranty claim for parts only?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

Chippie

Water pump DMA fault

Post by Chippie » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:46 pm

B21 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm
Thanks for the update..had a similar issue with Autodoc with some Hella N54 ignition coils that would auto eject off the spark plugs..

I guess if you didn't claim fitting costs then being a 'hobby' mechanic should not, in itself, preclude servicing the warranty claim for parts only?
I got the feeling they were more concerned that a part could be incorrectly fitted causing it to fail.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Water pump DMA fault

Post by B21 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:20 pm

I guess so..I'll bear it mind..my parts are all fitted by 'Caledonian Aerospace' :thumbsup: :rofl:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Water pump DMA fault

Post by Smartbear » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:59 pm

I purchased a Bosch lambda sensor from Autodoc to our Yeti a few months back, it didn’t work out of the box :thumbsdown:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Water pump DMA fault

Post by B21 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:59 pm
I purchased a Bosch lambda sensor from Autodoc to our Yeti a few months back, it didn’t work out of the box :thumbsdown:
Rob
I had a VEMO sensor from Autodoc that was DoD..they paid out on that one without any query… :thumbsup: