Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seat repair

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Raj_UK

Seat repair

Post by Raj_UK » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:53 am

Morning all,

I have a tear in the seat of my Mercedes GLC. It’s that fake leather stuff… Artico I think it’s called. It’s split at the seam and as a result of me still sitting on it, has two rips coming of about an inch long. I urgently need to see if this can be repaired before returning the car in a couple of weeks. Any idea who to contact? I’m in Milton Keynes.

On a separate note is windscreen / repair replacement through insurance considered a claim?

TYIA

Raj
Z4less :?

IRD

Seat repair

Post by IRD » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:48 am

Can’t help with the seats. But windscreen repairs do not usually impact on no claims bonus.

Raj_UK

Seat repair

Post by Raj_UK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:13 pm

Thanks. I think I’m going to have to go through insurance anyway for a windscreen replacement as chip looks too big to repair.

M1k3yC

Seat repair

Post by M1k3yC » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:35 pm

Raj_UK wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:53 am
On a separate note is windscreen / repair replacement through insurance considered a claim?
Yes. I have separate policies for my cars. I had a windscreen replacement on one and it appeared on that policy automatically at renewal time as a claim. On my other policies, I had to declare the windscreen claim myself but you are required to do it. As IRD stated, it is unlikely to increase your premiums or impact no claims discounts, though.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Raj_UK

Seat repair

Post by Raj_UK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:36 pm

I’ll declare it to be on the safe side. The way NCB works winds me up… We’ll reward you for not making a claim, but you still need to declare if you make a claim (your fault or not) and we’ll probably still put your premium up… :x

Annoyingly I got the windscreen replaced before I give it back to the lease company but when fitting it they ‘lost’ a piece of trim from the windscreen surround. I’ve now had to delay returning it for them to fix this.

As for the seat it’s turned into a big f**k off rip in just a couple of weeks.