Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Options- anyone interested?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:08 pm

Evening

I've got a couple of cars inbound and wanted to throw a couple of options out there before just breaking up what I think are good cars.

Both 3.0 manuals. 03/53.
Sapphire Black full aero kit and Sterling Grey

As the black car has 136k, years MOT and no service history, initial plan was to break it, then save the grey one as its 90k, decent history.

BUT

The sterling one in the flesh is very poor and more akin to be broken- no MOT on it as its stands. The grey car also has aero side skirts and a lot of other desirable bits.

Options for anyone who is interested:

Black car- as it stands- full treatment to update suspension, brakes and engine; to keep it on the road and appreciated
Black car minus aero kit, again updated and given the full treatment
Silver one- minus all the morsels, get it updated and a new MOT

Or they both get culled!

Happy to chat if anyone interested

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:16 pm

Hi Stuart, already told you my thoughts but to re-iterate:
It seems you have proved the point that all the low mileage chasers are not always right.
Sad thing is that even if you dragged them round to your place and rubbed their noses on both cars they would still say you're asking too much for the higher mileage one. :headbang:

My thoughts are that you should break the grey one first and leave the black one to one side while you think on it. From what I've seen it is too good to break really.
Hopefully someone will see the light and take you up on the refresh option on the black one. Even that has only averaged just over 7k per annum!

Oh and depending what the outcome is, when I get back from holiday on 9th October, you can let me know if you'll be needing a standard set of black sills and bumpers. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:14 pm

I have to agree with e_z, there will always be an inverse correlation between mileage and what people will be prepared to pay, all other things being equal; even though I have learned that high mileage M54s can be excellent cars and no less than their lower mileage brethren. My 134k 2.5i was a sweet drive and didn’t give me any trouble.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Does black aero rear bumper come with parking sensors?

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:12 pm

Robster68 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 pm Does black aero rear bumper come with parking sensors?
No non pdc

EWS Delete PM me

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 pm

For some reason “low mileage” and service history play a big part in resale. I think even with a refresh you may struggle to sell the sapphire one. If you want to save, maybe whip off the aero and offer sapphire back onto the market?

Sad to say it but you’ll be in a better position to just break both.

Maybe now you need to buy that 2.0 to compete your Zed bucket list!!
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 pm

kis wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 pm For some reason “low mileage” and service history play a big part in resale. I think even with a refresh you may struggle to sell the sapphire one. If you want to save, maybe whip off the aero and offer sapphire back onto the market?

Sad to say it but you’ll be in a better position to just break both.

Maybe now you need to buy that 2.0 to compete your Zed bucket list!!
I keep nearly committing on the 2.0 thing…

One day! I’ll join the dark side

EWS Delete PM me

Rldee007

Post by Rldee007 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:28 pm

Service history and paperwork I believe is important for piece of mind and to give a person who understands cars but not know what to look mechanically when viewing some reassurance (if that makes sense, checklist of sorts)

So many YouTubers demonstrate how good high mileage hero's are I would of thought this myth might of been blown out of the water by now.

I think closer we come to ICE judgement day in the UK high mileage may pay less importance.

I think keep the black whole for a little longer, possibly the spring. Give it a refresh but all the work you do document when, how and why you did it. Could be photos and videos that could be stored on usb stick and given to the new owner. All these files can also be used to help sell it. Something like this would give me reassurance.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:37 pm

Rldee007 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:28 pm Service history and paperwork I believe is important for piece of mind and to give a person who understands cars but not know what to look mechanically when viewing some reassurance (if that makes sense, checklist of sorts)

So many YouTubers demonstrate how good high mileage hero's are I would of thought this myth might of been blown out of the water by now.

I think closer we come to ICE judgement day in the UK high mileage may pay less importance.

I think keep the black whole for a little longer, possibly the spring. Give it a refresh but all the work you do document when, how and why you did it. Could be photos and videos that could be stored on usb stick and given to the new owner. All these files can also be used to help sell it. Something like this would give me reassurance.
Sage advice- thanks

EWS Delete PM me