Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windows not dropping for door open

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:16 pm

Windows have stopped dropping automatically to open door, mirrors not folding and holding key on close does not shut windows. Plus indicator flash on close does not operate

All lights, indicators working as do internal lights

Windows go up and down when operated inside as does mirror movement and close

Car opens and locks and roof opens and closes

ista is showing FRM 9CBC FRM, short circuit at front door contacts, sensor voltage 0v, can read modules in ista and ncsexpert

Inpa has same with error code 9c bc 64 01 38 7c b6 00

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Is it an FRM issue or something else

Read on a search that the short out count can be reset if no shortcut

Appreciate any advice

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 pm

E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Have a read, not 100% confident it's fixed yet

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Zforbes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:50 pm Have a read, not 100% confident it's fixed yet
Thanks for the link, mine is both windows not opening when you open the door, did you swap the FRM out?

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm

No, there is a local refurb company I went to, was convinced it was frm but he said not...

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:10 pm

Zforbes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm No, there is a local refurb company I went to, was convinced it was frm but he said not...
would you share the company details just in case, thanks

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:23 pm

birdy_z4 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:10 pm
Zforbes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm No, there is a local refurb company I went to, was convinced it was frm but he said not...
would you share the company details just in case, thanks
https://braketechparts.co.uk/

Also here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143596810820 ... media=COPY

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:32 pm

The repair is just flashing the software, nothing physical and usually a duff FRM is more than a simple error, central locking failures lights etc.

There is a possibility of a corroded contact on the FRM but you would need to exchange the part to try.

Problem with mine is it goes away for months at a time.

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:15 am

Narrowing done the fault with ista and the door contacts are not sensing door opening.

so research has shown it could be a short 9cbc, frm program issue or frm itself

would someone share there nfrm trc output some I can compare and rule out this one out?

chassis e89
ecu =cas
process ecu nfrm
change to read - lessen

could someone send meba copy I know it may not be exact, but I did a backup at 234kb previous and now get a 36kb at first read

thanks anyone

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm

Not sure what info you need or how to get it, it's also likely that I have a 9CBC error as my window drop issue occurred a couple of times this week.

Over summer mine has been faultless but the colder damper weather this week seems to have caused it to start again. :cry:

I take it your window drop error is constant and you've reset the window limit switches using the buttons or inpa/ista?

As far as I know, the trigger for the window drop is within the door lock actuator itself for each side so if both are out of action permanently then sending the FRM away sounds like it would be the first port of call.

If the error is more random and the reset procedure works for a short time then it could be power related.

Out of interest how old is the battery and what type is it?

Might sound a strange question but can be a regular cause of electrical gremlins.

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 am

Zforbes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm Not sure what info you need or how to get it, it's also likely that I have a 9CBC error as my window drop issue occurred a couple of times this week.

Over summer mine has been faultless but the colder damper weather this week seems to have caused it to start again. :cry:

I take it your window drop error is constant and you've reset the window limit switches using the buttons or inpa/ista?

As far as I know, the trigger for the window drop is within the door lock actuator itself for each side so if both are out of action permanently then sending the FRM away sounds like it would be the first port of call.

If the error is more random and the reset procedure works for a short time then it could be power related.

Might sound a strange question but can be a regular cause of electrical gremlins.
Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately it’s both sides and they both stopped at the same time, not intermittent

Inpa will not access window regulators api errors spdaten updated too
Ista accesses FRM but says short error 9CBC, will reset FRM and operate windows but when checking door operation they state closed always

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:31 pm

birdy_z4 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 am
Zforbes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm Not sure what info you need or how to get it, it's also likely that I have a 9CBC error as my window drop issue occurred a couple of times this week.

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately it’s both sides and they both stopped at the same time, not intermittent

Inpa will not access window regulators api errors spdaten updated too
Ista accesses FRM but says short error 9CBC, will reset FRM and operate windows but when checking door operation they state closed always
Did you get sorted with this? Always helpful to post a solution if you have one. :thumbsup:

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:16 pm

Not yet unfortunately things have progressively now got worse

Took the door card of drivers side and came back to it a week later and now the handbrake will not operate and engine will not start

So started a thread on battery as that may be the cause although it is saying 12.6v on test

Checked fuses all seem to be good

Zforbes

Post by Zforbes » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:57 pm

Is the battery original from new?

Good place to start by the sounds of things, don't forget to register it when you get round to fitting.

birdy_z4

Post by birdy_z4 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Zforbes wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:57 pm Is the battery original from new?

Good place to start by the sounds of things, don't forget to register it when you get round to fitting.
Next on my list to remove, I’ve got new door contacts to fit for the short circuit I will update you on what happens