Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:47 pm

This started as a bit of a joke, but it appears to be gathering pace!
So tell all your friends, there's a bloke in Attleborough who would dearly love to retire, or at the very least cut back his working days, and if it can be done by helping others to keep their Z4 on the road then I'm your man!
Main experience is E85 M54, but the only way I can expand that is by working on others.
I'll be 100% honest and only take on stuff I understand.
If you need any help, advice, parts, servicing, someone to look over a car with you, or just a chat with a fellow nut, then get in touch.

PS. My body is telling me no more than two roof motor moves in a weekend! So get in early. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jock156

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by jock156 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:54 pm

It was like an East Anglian meet this morning, and I have to say you looked happier than a pig n s**t πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Am I correct in saying 7 Zeds there?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:58 pm

jock156 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:54 pm It was like an East Anglian meet this morning, and I have to say you looked happier than a pig n s**t πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Am I correct in saying 7 Zeds there?
sadly only 6!
Oh yes, 7 if you include young Ed's over the road. Such a shame he was at school.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jock156

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by jock156 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:29 am

Yeah I included Ed’s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:32 am

jock156 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:29 am Yeah I included Ed’s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian, Ed was gutted he'd missed you.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:36 am

I say go for it mate, if not you will always wonder if you should have.

You could call it the Neverenuff Zeds shed.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 am

Scubaregs wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:36 am I say go for it mate, if not you will always wonder if you should have.

You could call it the Neverenuff Zeds shed.
Very good, but there's 'enuff' zed sheds out there without me muddying the waters.
It'll only ever be a weekend hobby tbh, just needs to keep me sane and out of Vall's hair really.

BeeEmm

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:11 pm

It appears that you have good knowledge on many things and know your limitations. I say do it, stretch your limitations and enjoy the satisfaction in solving the many difficulties that will come your way. Success and satisfaction are but a few steps ahead. Do it! :thumbsup:
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:48 pm

BeeEmm wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:11 pm It appears that you have good knowledge on many things and know your limitations. I say do it, stretch your limitations and enjoy the satisfaction in solving the many difficulties that will come your way. Success and satisfaction are but a few steps ahead. Do it! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:22 pm

It's good to know you are enjoying fettling Zeds, so all the time you are just keep doing it. :thumbsup:

And having another roof motor relocator is particularly handy. I remember some years ago one of the regular Northern roof motor guys actually took a trip to East Anglia and did several the same day!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jock156

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by jock156 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:28 pm

Jingle was there :rofl:

IRD

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by IRD » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:39 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:22 pm It's good to know you are enjoying fettling Zeds, so all the time you are just keep doing it. :thumbsup:

And having another roof motor relocator is particularly handy. I remember some years ago one of the regular Northern roof motor guys actually took a trip to East Anglia and did several the same day!
Yes Iain I was part of that day. In that, on his way home he was calling in to see a relative in Lincoln. On the way there I persuaded him to call in at my house and do the roof motor. I was amazed. The job was completed and he was on his way again in 35 minutes.πŸ‘

IRD

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by IRD » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:42 pm

enuff_zed wrote: ↑Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:47 pm This started as a bit of a joke, but it appears to be gathering pace!
So tell all your friends, there's a bloke in Attleborough who would dearly love to retire, or at the very least cut back his working days, and if it can be done by helping others to keep their Z4 on the road then I'm your man!
Main experience is E85 M54, but the only way I can expand that is by working on others.
I'll be 100% honest and only take on stuff I understand.
If you need any help, advice, parts, servicing, someone to look over a car with you, or just a chat with a fellow nut, then get in touch.

PS. My body is telling me no more than two roof motor moves in a weekend! So get in early. :wink:
Good luck with the idea Martin. Between you and Stuart there isn’t much that couldn’t be fettled. πŸ‘

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by Pondrew » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:48 pm

Good luck with it Martin.
Just watch for the 'man (or woman) from the Council' with a clipboard knocking on your door and asking "do you have a licence to operate a commercial garage at these premises, sir?" (in a nasally voice obviously). :x
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Norfolk Zed Rescue

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:56 pm

Pondrew wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:48 pm Good luck with it Martin.
Just watch for the 'man (or woman) from the Council' with a clipboard knocking on your door and asking "do you have a licence to operate an airport car park at these premises , sir?" (in a nasally voice obviously). :x
Fixed that.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image