Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE The best 3.0 manual I've owned- reduced

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

The best 3.0 manual I've owned

Post by Chris_D » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:56 pm

bigwinn wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:03 pm
15mm spacers fitted to front wheels- none on rears
You sure that's the right way round Stuart? Or were you going for the Citroen DS look? :lol:

GLWTS
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:00 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:56 pm
craig3.2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:35 pm
Pondrew wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:32 am I don't understand why people insist on posting pricing "advice" on for sale adverts, when they have no intention of buying the cars.
It rarely helps IMHO.
The seller has decided on a sale price, he has even justified it, which he didn't need to.
If the market deems it's too much it won't sell. Simple.
GLWTS Stuart. :thumbsup:
It's a Forum,Pondrew....it's what people do

What I said wasn't nasty,or malicious,as many in here are,often.....just giving my opinion that it is a tad expensive,as the o.p did open the door to comments about price,by trying to justify what he had priced it at.

I agree,if it sells at 7k, then I'm obviously wrong.

Was just my opinion,as we're all entitled to post.
If bigwinn didn't want any comments on his car or pricing,then a Forum isn't the best place to do so.
As said,my comments aren't nasty or malicious.

I believe, from how it reads to me, Enuffs comment was directed at the chap saying his 60k mile car must be worth 10k..not your following comment Craig
Okay,must have misread that.
If so,why quote me?
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:05 pm

IRD wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:52 pm I have seen this car and have had a lot of work done on my car by Stuart. So I know that he is very thorough in what he does and the work completed is to a high standard. Anybody buying it will get a very well sorted car. We all know that buying twenty year old cars is a bit of a lottery. But what Stuart has done is taken the uncertainty out of the situation because he has dealt with likely problems. GLWTS. :thumbsup:

I agree,IRD, it's a lovely looking z,with plenty of age related work having been done.
Still stand by my opinion of the £.
No doubt whatsoever,it looks a nice z.

Gregory_tolson

Post by Gregory_tolson » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:19 pm

How much did those M-Sport seats run you? They look amazing! I have the beige interior and hateeeeeeee the standard seats. The back panel on mine keeps coming off. Would love to upgrade to those.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:29 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:00 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:56 pm

What I said wasn't nasty,or malicious,as many in here are,often.....just giving my opinion that it is a tad expensive,as the o.p did open the door to comments about price,by trying to justify what he had priced it at.

If bigwinn didn't want any comments on his car or pricing,then a Forum isn't the best place to do so.

I believe, from how it reads to me, Enuffs comment was directed at the chap saying his 60k mile car must be worth 10k..not your following comment Craig
Okay,must have misread that.
If so,why quote me?
It was a comment that already had multi quotes in it so you get a notifacion even if the comment was directed elsewhere as you were in the multiquote :thumbsup: i think :D
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:47 pm

Don't take everything so personally, Craig. No-one is having a go at you directly. Chill Winston! :wink:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm

Shots fired

Cheers for the comments and feedback all- it’s a gift and I don’t take it personally (despite someone saying I’m a keyboard warrior a couple of weeks ago?!?)

Chances of me getting this price- low I know that. But I’ll still talk to anyone interested!

And yes Chris the spacers on the front but not the rear is right- I had 20mm on the rear and it looked awful!!

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:05 pm
IRD wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:52 pm I have seen this car and have had a lot of work done on my car by Stuart. So I know that he is very thorough in what he does and the work completed is to a high standard. Anybody buying it will get a very well sorted car. We all know that buying twenty year old cars is a bit of a lottery. But what Stuart has done is taken the uncertainty out of the situation because he has dealt with likely problems. GLWTS. :thumbsup:

I agree,IRD, it's a lovely looking z,with plenty of age related work having been done.
Couldn’t agree more Craig. What is the point of Forums like this if members can’t express their honestly held views? For me, as long as people express themselves politely and with respect ( which is what you did) that’s how it should be. At times we can agree to differ. Nothing wrong with that.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:16 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:21 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:14 am
craig3.2 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:20 pm

Doing 10k of Mods,or in this case Thousands and Thousands of pounds of Repairs, general maintenance and preventative maintenance/repair items likr Vanos etc doesn't add £££ thousands of pounds value to a car.

£7k is a lot for a 2003,140k mile z4,
regardless how much repair work has been done to it.
There's currently a 2007 2.5si ,facelift z4 with 112k miles on AT for £5700( similar power to an 03 3.0), and a 2008 Sapphire Black 89k miles 3.0si for £7000.

Glwts,op :thumbsup:
Tbh, my reaction was not to the price of Stuart's car, but to the flippant and completely un-needed comment added to the thread.
I admit the car will never be worth the sum of it's parts but I'd rather pay £7k for that than £10k for one with no provenance.
Comments like these are made on here,and other forums many many times,by many people, and often without criticism.....so why criticise my post when it's a fair comment .
Many other long term forum members have commented in the past about cars for sale being a bit steep in their ask.
Didn't see you giving those other forum members stick?

The car for sale is very nice,but 7k is a bit much for an 03 reg,140k mile car.
As said,if others don't agree,and think it's a reasonable ask,then fair enough......am I not allowed to give my opinion?
If the 7k ask is right,it will sell easily for that price,and I will be wrong.
I didn't criticise your post at all Craig.
If you read back I commented on someone else's input, which you then replied to.

You started it! Ner-ner-ni-ner-ner! :poke: :D :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:58 pm

bigwinn wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm And yes Chris the spacers on the front but not the rear is right- I had 20mm on the rear and it looked awful!!
Makes sense chris_D, the 224s are a 9” wheel at the rear with an et30 offset, so sit quite a lot further out than the standard 8.5” et50 wheel. The front wheel is much closer to standard.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm

I have them on mine and they stick out a little even without spacers.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:36 pm

IRD wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 pm

Couldn’t agree more Craig. What is the point of Forums like this if members can’t express their honestly held views? For me, as long as people express themselves politely and with respect ( which is what you did) that’s how it should be. At times we can agree to differ. Nothing wrong with that.

:thumbsup:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Zedebee wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:58 pm
bigwinn wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 pm And yes Chris the spacers on the front but not the rear is right- I had 20mm on the rear and it looked awful!!
Makes sense chris_D, the 224s are a 9” wheel at the rear with an et30 offset, so sit quite a lot further out than the standard 8.5” et50 wheel. The front wheel is much closer to standard.
Gotcha. See it now. Makes sense indeed.

And re the asking price debate, for my 2 cents, in that colour, with those mods and maintenance provenance I think it's worth every penny!

These are now in 'appreciating classics' territory and even with 140km on the motor it will be good for another 140k miles if looked after properly.

Stuart, maybe it's a good idea to do a compression test and throw up the figures for all cylinders for comparison to the figures as new. That will give a positive indication of the engine's health. My E36 coupe M52B25TU was still within as-new spec at 285k miles. A pleasant surprise.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:09 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:36 pm
IRD wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 pm

:thumbsup:
I agree with Ian. My comment was not (as already expalined) aimed at you Craig. You are correct in that you are within your rights to say whatever you think, if kept within the bounds of good manners.
My reaction was to what I saw as an unwarranted dig, by someone other than you, at the asking price which served to do nothing more than undermine Stuart's advert and without a shred of substantiation.

Indeed, I too have a Sterling Grey 3.0i with only 25k on the clock. Therefore it simply has to be worth a minimum of £15k.
Oh, I may have forgotten to mention that I parked it under a lime tree 15 years ago and it hasn't moved since. :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

Unitedleeds1919

Post by Unitedleeds1919 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:48 pm

I’d close this thread and restart it...why does a for sale post not stay a for sale post thread? Banter is good always especially in the present climate but i have had a couple of wnkrs on here butt in and fk things up, why not go in the lounge and play?