Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New PM then?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Nanu » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:49 pm They've done a brilliant job with increasing food banks from 10 when they came into power to now over 3000, what a fantastic expansion programme :oops:

G7 country with more food banks than McDonalds..what an embarrassment :thumbsdown:
As far as food banks is concerned I suggest you have a very close look at The Trussell Trust who are behind many (Not all but the majority) They are making a fortune out of every one the help set up with their CEO on more than the PM. Expansion is their business plan. Many local authorities are refusing to work with them now.

What was that old phrase "Build it and they will come"
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Nanu » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:10 pm

sars wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:45 pm yet the highest death rate in Europe,
That depends on where you get your information from and when you got it.

You must take into account how the deaths are recorded in different countries, for instance the UK recorded it as a Covid related death if you died and had had a positive test within the previous 28 days. So if you caught Covid and recovered with no ill effects whatsoever, but 3 weeks later were run over by a bus, your death would have been recorded as a Covid related death. Before being admitted into hospital, all were given a Covid test. If positive and you then subsequently died of a heart attack it was recorded as a Covid related death because Covid was mentioned on your death on your death certificate even if it wasn't the primary cause. Crazy but true and resulted in vastly inflated figures.

Apologies to all because don't want to sir up the Covid arguments again as some previous contributors have and been correctly chastised for it. So now shutting up on the subject. Would still like to say to Liz, Go for it girl and prove people wrong. :thumbsup:

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:11 pm

Nanu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:49 pm They've done a brilliant job with increasing food banks from 10 when they came into power to now over 3000, what a fantastic expansion programme :oops:

G7 country with more food banks than McDonalds..what an embarrassment :thumbsdown:
As far as food banks is concerned I suggest you have a very close look at The Trussell Trust who are behind many (Not all but the majority) They are making a fortune out of every one the help set up with their CEO on more than the PM. Expansion is their business plan. Many local authorities are refusing to work with them now.

Whats a real old phrase.. "Let them eat cake" of course that was Royalty referencing the starving masses, much like what we have today (subbing the royalty for the Conservative party) and not a cheesy quote from a Hollywood scipt about Kevin Costner building a baseball diamond for ghosts
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Nanu » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:16 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:11 pm
Nanu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm

Whats a real old phrase.. "Let them eat cake" of course that was Royalty referencing the starving masses, much like what we have today (subbing the royalty for the Conservative party) and not a cheesy quote from a Hollywood scipt about Kevin Costner building a baseball diamond for ghosts
I believe it’s a lot older, Elijah in the Old Testament nicked for the film. But hey ho :thumbsup:

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am

Nanu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:16 pm
Nanu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm As far as food banks is concerned I suggest you have a very close look at The Trussell Trust who are behind many (Not all but the majority) They are making a fortune out of every one the help set up with their CEO on more than the PM. Expansion is their business plan. Many local authorities are refusing to work with them now.

I believe it’s a lot older, Elijah in the Old Testament nicked for the film. But hey ho :thumbsup:
Hey ho indeed.. Haven't read the old testament 😂

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:01 am

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am
Nanu wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:16 pm
Hey ho indeed.. Haven't read the old testament.. isnt most of that fiction too? 😂

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Pondrew » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:01 am Hey ho indeed.. Haven't read the old testament.. isnt most of that fiction too?
Never mind all that.....you decided on a car yet, young man? :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:01 am Hey ho indeed.. Haven't read the old testament.. isnt most of that fiction too?
Never mind all that.....you decided on a car yet, young man? :)
Yes I have..deposit is down, cant collect for a couple of weeks unfortunately as the chap goes on holiday tomorrow and the rail strike the following weekend is pissing on my chips, collect on the 23rd :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Pondrew » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:24 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 pm Yes I have..deposit is down, cant collect for a couple of weeks unfortunately as the chap goes on holiday tomorrow and the rail strike the following weekend is pissing on my chips, collect on the 23rd
Is it a secret? :wink:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:24 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 pm Yes I have..deposit is down, cant collect for a couple of weeks unfortunately as the chap goes on holiday tomorrow and the rail strike the following weekend is pissing on my chips, collect on the 23rd
Oh yes..don't want to spoil the big reveal..keep you in suspenders for a few weeks :D

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm

No. Everybody knows there's a rail strike!
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Pondrew » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:32 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm Oh yes..don't want to spoil the big reveal..keep you in suspenders for a few weeks
I'm betting 'vette. :)

Also read my signature....not happy buddy :x

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:37 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:32 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm Oh yes..don't want to spoil the big reveal..keep you in suspenders for a few weeks

I'll give you a clue to help with your impatience..it doesn't start with Z and end with a 4 :D

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:38 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm
Oh yes..don't want to spoil the big reveal..keep you in suspenders for a few weeks :D
oh my god - thats a vision his wife has seen but wishes she hadn't :rofl:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

New PM then?

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:39 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:37 pm
Pondrew wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:32 pm

I'll give you a clue to help with your impatience..it doesn't start with Z and end with a 4 :D
Citroen C3 plurial, one with the funny convertible roof
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.