Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What convertible is as good looking as a z4

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
coldel

Post by coldel » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:35 pm

Ah shame about the Elise chassis...maybe take up yoga and try again in a year :D They are better looking in my opinion and of course much more visceral and exciting to drive than a Z4. I do always hammer on at people they should own one even for a year before they miss the chance!

I do like the old 1990s SLs they look classy but obviously dont have modern set ups. 2010's SLs are a good deal right now, even 5.5L ones are well within budget. Obviously a bit more GT than the Z4 (which is a GT in its own way as well).
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:39 pm

I have had an Elise and there is nothing to compare on the road, handles incredibly well and would take one in a heartbeat as a toy, mine was a daily driver but lived with it for 18 months.

Think the F-type is the way to go on looks
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:37 pm

I did toy with the idea of going Porsche but the thoughts where always tempered by that thought of “If only i spent just £x more”

So I stuck with the BMW product !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: