Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Here we go again

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
srhutch

Here we go again

Post by srhutch » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:17 pm

This is one that I have

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Scanner- ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

There are cheaper but that will work with bimmercode as well.

Torque pro from google play is around a fiver from memory

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... it%20(ECU).

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by flimper » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:21 pm

Cheers Steve 👍
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Here we go again

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:44 pm

That's a pain Mark!

I got those same 3 lights when my battery died a couple of years ago and they stayed on after I fitted a new battery.

Took my car to Ross at RBM and he cleared them by resetting the steering angle sensor - hopefully the fix isn't too involved. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by Zedebee » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:54 pm

flimper wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:12 pm
Zedebee wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:50 pm You’re always welcome to come over again mate, you’ve got my number.
Are you about tomorrow?

Sure. WFH tomorrow. Early, lunchtime or eve OK, just let me know.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by flimper » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:08 pm

Thanks to Ben using his Creator 310+, we got codes 5E30, 5E32 & 5E35, all relating to DSC sensor - acceleration. Unfortunately the Torque app couldn't find any codes, and another app found the 2F45 code which I'm not sure was relevant. Either way looks like I'm facing another expensive DSC sensor bill :cry: :evil:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:14 pm

flimper wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:08 pm Thanks to Ben using his Creator 310+, we got codes 5E30, 5E32 & 5E35, all relating to DSC sensor - acceleration. Unfortunately the Torque app couldn't find any codes, and another app found the 2F45 code which I'm not sure was relevant. Either way looks like I'm facing another expensive DSC sensor bill :cry: :evil:
The loan offer still stands. Fit it and if it fixes it, send money. Just about to travel home so offline for an hour.
If needed I can have it in the post tomorrow.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by Zedebee » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:50 pm

Mark - to confirm the conversation we were having earlier, the yaw sensor and DSC sensor are the same. As yours went faulty 8 years again and was replaced, it seems likely that this is a repeat issue rather than something completely different. Could be the sensor has gone bad, or just the connectors have worked loose or corroded.

Martin is offering his to borrow (and buy); Barry is offering one for sale for £150, so no need to spend £500+ at a dealer if you don’t want to. I’m happy to help get the seat out and exchange units if you want to do that.

For other readers, the carpet appeared to be bone dry but we didn’t get under it due to lack of time. Creator 310+ cleared the 5E32 and 5E35 codes but not the 5E30. The 2F45 code cleared as well and doesn’t appear to be related.
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm

I am quite happy to send the sensor on trust. It is boxed and ready to go. If it doesn't cure the snag then I'd like it back please.
I've also had a chat with Ben who is happy to swap the sensors over.
So Mark, you simply have to provide tea or coffee and watch from a comfy chair.
Power of the forum eh?

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by flimper » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:40 pm

Have spoken to all the guys privately, and you are right, what a great place this can be :thumbsup:

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by flimper » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:42 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm I am quite happy to send the sensor on trust. It is boxed and ready to go. If it doesn't cure the snag then I'd like it back please.
Power of the forum eh?
Have PMd you

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 am

flimper wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:42 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm I am quite happy to send the sensor on trust. It is boxed and ready to go. If it doesn't cure the snag then I'd like it back please.
Power of the forum eh?
Have PMd you
Saw your PM earlier and got your address. If you sent another since then I've not received it?

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by flimper » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:39 am

The one with the address was the last one :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Here we go again

Post by pvr » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:58 am

Power of the forum eh?
You know that we are talking about flimper here - so there will not be any comfy chairs as he didn't spec them :D :evil:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:12 pm

Well flimper, the sensor went in the post this morning, 1st Class, Recorded. But I've just noted that the posties are out on strike again.
Hope it still turns up in time for Zedebee to fit it on Sunday.

It's like we're back in the 1970s!!!

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Here we go again

Post by Zedebee » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 pm

The good news for the day is we got Flimper’s codes cleared and lights sorted, although we’re not really sure what caused the problem in the first place.

Step 1 - tried to clear the codes with Creator 310+. Unsuccessful, 5E30 would not clear.
Step 2 - tried to clear code with INPA. Unsuccessful, 5E30 would not clear.
Step 3 - seat out and replace sensor with spare.
(Correct order of play for removing seat is: raise seat for access; remove 2 x nuts at the front and 2 x bolts at the rear; lower seat; disconnect battery; manually tip seat back and unplug electrical connection under seat; disconnect seatbelt (bottom bolt and top guide); remove seat).
Step 4 - tried to clear the code with Creator 310+ again, and with INPA. Unsuccessful, 5E30 still would not clear.
Step 5 - located the DSC_85 programme in Toolset32 and ran the job querbeschleunigung_dsc_abgleichen which should reset the lateral sensor. Tried to clear the code with Creator 310+ and INPA. Again, unsuccessful, 5E30 would not clear.
Step 6 - back into INPA and located the lateral and longitudinal acceleration sensor compensation routines. Ran these, cleared the codes again and hey presto, SUCCESS - no lights and no codes.

In retrospect, I should have used the DSC_MK60 programme instead of DSC_85 at step 5, but it probably wouldn’t have made any difference,

If anyone else has these lights and error codes, It may be worth running the lateral and longitudinal sensor compensation routines in INPA then trying to clear the codes before you think about replacing the DSC/yaw sensor itself, as it might just be a random error.