Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First time poster…

First port of call for new members
LemonConnoisseur

First time poster…

Post by LemonConnoisseur » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:02 pm

Welcome! You've got yourself a stunning looking car there :)

LawrenceW

First time poster…

Post by LawrenceW » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:24 pm

Thanks all and for what it’s worth Happy Friday :D
To add a little more content, my first decision was which Mk? Given I’m a bit of a classic car guy, it had to be a Gen 1. Next decision was Roadster or Coupe? That was a toughie as I see both as excellent examples of car design, but (that but again) the classic double bubble roof line reminiscent of the classic Italian designs pioneered by the likes of Abarth and Zagato just tipped it for me.
Then what engine? I was initially looking at the classic inline 3.0l N52’s which I know are excellent engines. What tipped me into M territory? Well, last of a type, final sign off for the S54 legendary engine and given where I was at in my life, it was time for me to put my big boy pants on! Finally what colour? You think this would be the easy part! The honest answer is I approached it by the right car would be the right car regardless of colour but of course I had my favourites and fortunately I’m a sucker for red cars so who knows maybe fate played a part?
Final, final I did have the eternal debate earlier in the process of Z4, Cayman S or Honda S2000, all cracking cars in their own rights? I guess we now know the answer to the question, lol.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Ps my last epic BM’ was a 430D GC with a factory fitted M performance pack on the engine which made it a little more interesting for an oil burner. Genuinely the best car I have ever owned (almost the complete everyday car) but with a change in job which demanded more miles so I moved her on so I could jump into Co car scheme which was another start to the chain reaction of buying the Z4MC
Attachments
F73DF8AC-D4AF-427A-B497-E3B0586BDC1E.jpeg
F73DF8AC-D4AF-427A-B497-E3B0586BDC1E.jpeg (258.27 KiB) Viewed 472 times

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

First time poster…

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:55 pm

LawrenceW wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:24 pm Thanks all and for what it’s worth Happy Friday :D
To add a little more content, my first decision was which Mk? Given I’m a bit of a classic car guy, it had to be a Gen 1. Next decision was Roadster or Coupe? That was a toughie as I see both as excellent examples of car design, but (that but again) the classic double bubble roof line reminiscent of the classic Italian designs pioneered by the likes of Abarth and Zagato just tipped it for me.
Then what engine? I was initially looking at the classic inline 3.0l N52’s which I know are excellent engines. What tipped me into M territory? Well, last of a type, final sign off for the S54 legendary engine and given where I was at in my life, it was time for me to put my big boy pants on! Finally what colour? You think this would be the easy part! The honest answer is I approached it by the right car would be the right car regardless of colour but of course I had my favourites and fortunately I’m a sucker for red cars so who knows maybe fate played a part?
Final, final I did have the eternal debate earlier in the process of Z4, Cayman S or Honda S2000, all cracking cars in their own rights? I guess we now know the answer to the question, lol.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Ps my last epic BM’ was a 430D GC with a factory fitted M performance pack on the engine which made it a little more interesting for an oil burner. Genuinely the best car I have ever owned (almost the complete everyday car) but with a change in job which demanded more miles so I moved her on so I could jump into Co car scheme which was another start to the chain reaction of buying the Z4MC
Hi Lawrence,
Welcome to the forum.
Excellent first bunch of posts
Z4m Coupe dies look lovely,and sub 60k mike's,bonus :thumbsup:

Love the Mk1 and MK2 golf gti's too,great looking cars still.
Nice group of cars you've owned.
Enjoy getting to know the z :driving:

Funny enough,many people have the debate with themselves,as to 3.0 or M, or M Roadster or Coupé,that you had.... myself included. Love the haunches if the K Coupe and overall stance, especially with CSLs/reps,it finishes it off nicely.
The M Roadster was my final choice, over 10 years ago,as had gotten used to wind down driving thrills,and was too hard to resist.

Enjoy,and hopefully see it in the flesh,and yourself, sometime. :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

First time poster…

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forum and to MC ownership. You've bought a great one in my favourite colour. :thumbsup:

I always loved the shape of the Z4 Coupes but budget constraints meant my first in 2014 had to be a 3 litre. Then in 2019 I realised if I was going to own an MC I'd better get one while I could, so I did!

Your car history sounds similar to mine - and probably quite a few others on here - love your GTi.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

PointedMarlin

First time poster…

Post by PointedMarlin » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:46 am

Hi Lawrence,

Great looking car you’ve got there & a fellow Sutton Coldfield resident to boot :thumbsup:

Hopefully see you driving it around every now & then

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

First time poster…

Post by flimper » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:00 am

Welcome aboard, lovely car :thumbsup:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

LawrenceW

First time poster…

Post by LawrenceW » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi Lawrence,

Great looking car you’ve got there & a fellow Sutton Coldfield resident to boot :thumbsup:

Hopefully see you driving it around every now & then

It’s a small world eh, especially when you consider SC’ isn’t exactly sprawling. I’ve also seen another member too from SC’ on the forum so that makes 3 of us and counting…

andrinissac

First time poster…

Post by andrinissac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:55 pm

You car looks great 🥰👌

where.is.lee

First time poster…

Post by where.is.lee » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:33 pm

that looks tidy! Welcome!

Current:
05 Clio 182 Trophy
Gone:
02 IBP Integra Type R - Lightly Modified