Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autodoc

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mike6

Autodoc

Post by Mike6 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Bank 2 sensor 2 lambda is unavailable in UK. One site said you could order but 8 week wait. Been looking at autodoc and other overseas sites most of which seem to be spinoff from autodoc and have the sensor. Prices are good, displayed in pounds and shipping costs are reasonable
Have read somewhere that on the day you are expecting delivery you get a call from the courier saying you have to pay an import tax which is often out of proportion to the item you have ordered
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is correct. There doesn't seem to be anything about this on the autodoc site and I wondered if it only applied to heavier items
Thanks

Rockhopper

Autodoc

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:18 pm

Never had that with Autodoc - or with any other overseas company I’ve ever ordered from (apart from one order from America one time).

plenty

Autodoc

Post by plenty » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 pm

I've used Autodoc many times, most recently this week, and have never been asked to pay any additional charges.

Although the goods are warehoused overseas they have a UK company which I assume helps take care of any potential customs issues.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc

Post by bigwinn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 pm

I know autodoc recently changed from parcelfarce to Evri but no additional fees on any orders I’ve ever placed
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:35 pm

bigwinn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 pm I know autodoc recently changed from parcelfarce to Evri but no additional fees on any orders I’ve ever placed
Just had a parcel from them via Evri.
Quick delivery and nothing to pay on top.
I believe they have established a UK office which gets around the import duty somehow.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Martyn

Autodoc

Post by Martyn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 pm

Yup, no charges from anything I've ever ordered.

The downside is Evri, they've managed to damage 2 of my deliveries, one beyond repair, the other some of the parts escaped the box and were lost.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Autodoc

Post by B21 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Autodoc run a surrogate UK operation…so from your viewpoint and HM Gov it’s a UK delivery, no customs, no duty, no freight forwarder charges..

Not all European suppliers operate this way…
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Mike6

Autodoc

Post by Mike6 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:58 pm

Thanks for replies, will go ahead with order.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc

Post by B21 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:20 pm

Ordered some parts on Monday night arrived today Friday..so 4 days from order to arrival..zero postage fees..no duty etc..bought parts with 38% discount for fellow Zeddite..result...
Attachments
IMG_6432.jpeg
IMG_6432.jpeg (188.87 KiB) Viewed 481 times
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

Spriteracer

Autodoc

Post by Spriteracer » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:24 pm

I had an issue when I ordered a water pump and thermostat from Autodoc direct a few months ago. I had to pay import duty to the post office directly. Delivery was delayed because PO hadn't advised they were waiting and I only found out when I chased Autodoc. I may be mistaken but I think there may have been a cost threshold above which duty had to be paid. £300.00 comes to mind but could be wrong on that. Currently have another order due via Buycarparts which is Autodoc's UK company and no other advices yet. At a week in and no sign of delivery, still a bit slow though.
2007 E86 "work in progress"

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc

Post by B21 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Spriteracer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:24 pm I had an issue when I ordered a water pump and thermostat from Autodoc direct a few months ago. I had to pay import duty to the post office directly. Delivery was delayed because PO hadn't advised they were waiting and I only found out when I chased Autodoc. I may be mistaken but I think there may have been a cost threshold above which duty had to be paid. £300.00 comes to mind but could be wrong on that. Currently have another order due via Buycarparts which is Autodoc's UK company and no other advices yet. At a week in and no sign of delivery, still a bit slow though.
The £130 limit is a HMRC related matter..

Companies have either fully embraced 'surrogate UK operations' now or won't touch UK shipments and some still will do it but the handling charges for a small order are exhorbitant..

Zulu4

Autodoc

Post by Zulu4 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 pm

I think the limit is £135 , unless the item is predominantly made in the EU, in which case no charge is due.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... POC6A5brEA

I have bought Autodoc stuff over this amount without charge. I bought a Chinese air strut from ebay (~£300) which I did get a customs charge for.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.